Goodbye

Reaction score
    Spammers and individuals have marked options in our online poll without viewing the news thread. Please disregard them for the present time. Real individuals with real opinions should be using the poll to help us improve our news, not to make the poll look bad​
    I didn't want to sully your thread but this goes too far. No true Scotsman much?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

you are basically saying everyone's opinion who is not inline with yours is "spam" you go so far as to say they are not real individuals with real opinions. which if I am not mistaken shows an inherit bias, and preference of opinion.

bias
    ˈbʌɪəs/

noun
    1. 1.
      inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I see nothing wrong in this thread. Rebel Alliance members may post their opinions if they so wish, and other parties may post their opinions if they so wish. Until something is done that breaks the rules I will not intervene.

I will, however, politely recommend an alternative to drama. In the extremely rare case that someone on the internet is wrong, it could very possibly be a better solution to ignore it rather than get personally involved and begin rolling around in the dirt. There are some of us which have made it into a habit to get involved with these types of matters, and I worry that habit might be hard to break.

G'luck and have fun, RA News! It's the fun that counts.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Question 1.) What are your opinions on the rise and fall of the faction, The New Galactic Empire. The became popular quickly and also merged quickly. Why would this have occurred?

I think it was an awful decision. They were a faction that rose very fast and had a bright future. Suddenly they want to partner up with a questionable faction that has had serious issues and also had its public face attack them in an under the belt assault. I honestly am disappointing in the result. Also it seems Saba is already shoving off as he applied and was accepted into Helghast

Question 2.) What does it take to lead and run a faction? How do your factions maintain high member counts and what advice could you give to up and coming factions?

First off having a good public face is a must. Before launching a faction make sure you have a plan and have been around for a bit. Also make sure you have pre created ships and made a Home Base on your server of choice. Having these will make the faction run much smoother.

Question 3.) What are your opinions on faction flame wars, a recent and consistent event on the forums in recent weeks, and what ideas might you have to stop these wars?

They seem to happen often over the silly things. Honestly when you can't shoot the enemies your going to yell at them so it is entirely understandable. I figure we give them a chance to actually fight with weapons they will stop yelling. I had a plan using the FPS Halo Reach to help keep wars alive and I bet it would also make flame wars less necessary.

Question 4.) How does a factions public relations and image effect its membership totals? How do the interactions with others on StarMade Forums shape the way new comers view our factions?

Well obviously if no one likes you they won't join you. Everyone has a different character. Some may like laid back factions others strict military like factions. A good thing to do though is always stay in public approval. Being respected and generally liked by the public is worth acquiring if you want to run a faction.

Question 5.) What role (s) do you have to assume as a political leader that are different from the role (s) that you lead in your normal lives? How have you changed as a person as a result of your role in Star Made politics?

Abstain

Question 6.) Where do you see Star Made politics in the next several months? Do you have any predictions about any future wars or future events?

I don't think RA and NGE will meld well as I said earlier it seems Saba from NGE is not going to RA. I don't think it will stick together as together. It will either end up with just RA and NGE disintegrated (Which I believe is the actual goal of this alliance) or NGE backing out. I do not believe that anything will keep it together

Question 7.) How did you personally become involved in Star Made Politics? What did you do to get to this position and why or how do you think you continue to hold said position? I came from Blockade Runner originally to get stats from a person about a ship for NGE Shipyards at Blockade Runner (Not affiliated in any way with NGE here) I ended up joining CR for a little bit right before it fell when I became friends with Two Niner. After its fall I made Caldera Empire a faction I had started as a civilization on Galactic Civilization 2 Dread Lords.

Question 8.) What do you see as the most important aspect of a faction? If a faction takes no action or does not partake in politics, what are its advantages & disadvantages?

Not taking part in the current Faction Affairs on the Forums are not going t help any faction. It hurts them unless they want to be some sort of secret cult.

Question 9.) How has being involved in Star Made Politics changed your faction? Has being in politics helped or hampered your factions overall success?

Not really done much more than get me allies :D

Question 10.) What advice could you give to rising politicians? Is it worth investing time and energy in rising to the pinnacle of Star Made political power?

Only if you can stick around in order to stay up to date.

Question 11.) What is it like being in Star Made Politics? What advice can you give the younger generation about how to deal with those who frustrate or instigate fights? In other words, what is the best way to avoid sullying your Star Made Political Career?

Its like real life. Tiresome and petty. Any real politician will have a real step up in dealing with Starmade Politics

Question 12.) Any parting words of wisdom or advice you can give in regards to Star Made Politics? Anything else you would like to say on the matter is welcomed. A signature is always acceptable if you so desire.

Take part but keep yourself out of the flame

Reactions: Saba