The Pangalactic Regatta: 2016 Quasar Run (RACE)

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Race class, all ships have to be in a similar class otherwise you could easily make a light fast ship that has superior maneuverability to all other ships. Kind of like entering a racing bike in a NASCAR.
    Random facts?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Nice submissions already i am really eager to see some of these in action. Interesting gsmbeling on the requirements. make sure you are not getting disqualified by laging other people out or jumping without control for speed is nothing without control.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Is overdrive accepted?
    Also, are mines allowed, passive weaponry?

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmm, looks interesting. I'm going to refit my Corvette and see what happens!

EDIT: So, what exactly is this race going to be? Is it just a point to point (Fastest JD wins) or will there be no warp sections or something?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Is a Jump Inhibitor mine allowed?
    I was just thinking of this thing in a Star Wars novel, only seen it once - pulsemass mines, inhibit hyperspace temporarily.
    Could I do something similar? Dump a bunch of unfactioned inhibitors and knock everybody behind me into sub-lightspeeds for awhile?

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Is a Jump Inhibitor mine allowed?
    I was just thinking of this thing in a Star Wars novel, only seen it once - pulsemass mines, inhibit hyperspace temporarily.
    Could I do something similar? Dump a bunch of unfactioned inhibitors and knock everybody behind me into sub-lightspeeds for awhile?
    Somehow I doubt it. It says in the OP no Jump Inhibitors, and a couple of posts up it says no mines.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Yeah, while a cool idea it would be something for a different class of racing.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    By the way, is actual straight out speed (IE, not warp speeds) going to be a factor?

Reaction score
    Lol, then let's do a competition, sometime, for this other type of racing, lol!
    Sorry about the post, then, I have absolutely forgotten what's on the OP.
    Ooops.

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No mines, yes overdrive!
    How is Chain Drive going to be balanced when we now have Push-button-for-one-jump and mega fast clocks?

THE ONLY way is to have jump inhibitors on-track as obstacles at the required to fly through checkpoints. As I have noted Chain Drive technology has a chance to completely ignore Inhibitors during a jump sequence as its jump tick comes before the inhibitor tick?...

Also, I cri, No weapons :(

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Overdrive effect, not chaindrive.
    I was commenting on one of the leaders of this events comment as to what was correct; as far as I have read, Chaindrive is allowed and I kinda knew Overdrive was allowed since, well, its a race

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I was commenting on one of the leaders of this events comment as to what was correct; as far as I have read, Chaindrive is allowed and I kinda knew Overdrive was allowed since, well, its a race
    Oh rip, I thought you were quoting his statement about overdrive.

ToasterBorst

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    The general attitude from those I've discussed the event with is that it will be interesting to see how the chain drives actually play out. If checkpoints are generally only a jump or two apart, the accuracy of chain drives could easily be an issue for a pilot.

More importantly though, we've been discussing delaying this event because of the fleet competition having been pushed back and now because of the Blood & Steel announcement putting that so close on the heels of this. Right now we're discussing pushing things until around September 27th and I'll edit the OP to reflect this, fortunately, this also gives us time to decide if chaindrives will need to be outlawed and/or hope that Schine fixes jumping. :)

So, Regatta delayed.. new date pending.. leaning toward weekend of September 27th.

Reactions: Top 4ce

ToasterBorst

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Event canceled, community has left SMD and StarMade for the time being.