The Pangalactic Regatta: 2016 Quasar Run (RACE)

Reaction score
    The rule says "No exploits," but what about one that only involves the looks of something? Specifically this:

It doesn't modify gameplay, so it should be allowed. If its banned, I'll be fine (but I'd be really sad).
    (Also, that's not my ship; not sure who actually made that picture)

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The rule says "No exploits," but what about one that only involves the looks of something? Specifically this:

It doesn't modify gameplay, so it should be allowed. If its banned, I'll be fine (but I'd be really sad).
    (Also, that's not my ship; not sure who actually made that picture)
    Broke image m8.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Gizmo Games 2400, in my experience using turret docks in that manner = lag machine. If I am solo and working with the build, all is well, but if others are nearby and the game begins calculating all the collision checks for separate cores and sending it to all local players it tends to drastically impact their fps. ...I've also had issues w/ random undocks when these kinds of entities load which in turn generates uber lag. To specifically answer, we'll leave the risk in your hands. Submit if you wish, but if found to cause issues to other races or the event then the vessel would have to be disqualified from the race portion of the event; however, assuming all rules were followed in design we'd still judge it for the other awards.

Last edited:
    Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    Custom pirates or standard isanth pirates? Just need to know for shield testing

Reaction score
    Just go faster. That way, they won't hit you regardless. And boost your shield regen through the roof, like half your capacity (low capacity). That way you won't stay hit for long.

Reaction score
    Well I'm going to be living on a lake with my actual racing class sail boat (whatever you think it is, it's much less impressive than that), so I can't race. If anybody's looking for a ship, though, I may be able to help.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hi !

My entry to the race (so far as i might build another one)

I'll upload the sment at the las possible moment cuz its internals are secret...

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    starmade-screenshot-0352.png
    I am going to need a pilot.

to submit a form for being a pilot, review the ship resource (once I have completed it, it is not quite done just yet) saying why you want to pilot it, and what you like about it.

first come, first serve.

the interior in this should get me at least an interiors badge, if that is even a thing? if not, an interior master badge should be invented for anyone who shows prowess in making the interiors of ships.

tits

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    the ship that I will be submitting for the race s*** 7

I will decide who pilots it when I feel like it

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not planning to race, but I'm curious: do your rules count logic-charged jump drives as an exploit? If you're uncertain as to what I mean, see Jaaskinal's version of such technology, linked in my sig.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Had not considered chain jump drives as an exploit, though efficiency of charge time would effect their use. I've also been told by a few folks that they can be engineered so charge time isn't the issue. We'll see what tech wins the day!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Tech, tech, tech....

Pilot skills are going to make the difference i hope. A good ship will help of course. But going through the gates (i suppose there will be gates) is not going to be done by chained jump drives.

Reaction score
    So the rules say clearly "NO WEAPONS," but what if their not hooked to a computer? For example, as decorations and such? For example, my idea for an engineering bay uses some weapon cannons that look like wires for decoration. Keep in mind, a cannon without its computer is useless (other than decoration).

TL;DR: Can I use weapon cannons that arn't hooked to a computer as decoration?

Reaction score
    Why the mimimum mass limit?

Real life racecars are supposed to be lightweight so they can get more power from their engines, so why do our have to be heavy?

Imho, if you can design a racer that is effective and light you should be able to enter it.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Why the mimimum mass limit?

Real life racecars are supposed to be lightweight so they can get more power from their engines, so why do our have to be heavy?

Imho, if you can design a racer that is effective and light you should be able to enter it.
    Race class, all ships have to be in a similar class otherwise you could easily make a light fast ship that has superior maneuverability to all other ships. Kind of like entering a racing bike in a NASCAR.