• Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    oo bby
    The Knights of Niceness made the list
    Good to be here :)

Reaction score
    News:

Due to the rising number of factions and the player count at large, OAS infrastructure(which includes ranks, discord communications, task assignment, and other various things that keep us going) is currently straining under the pressure. Due to this, Google documents are starting to be used, to keep track of all the things going on, and to ensure the smooth running operation of OAS.

The latest development from this is the OAS cooperation act of 2016, which states that the three main factions whom currently are Infinite Legion, Dread Syndicate, and Dovan Empire are to cooperate closer together, assisting each other directly instead of having to ask OAS at large for help.

Some of the things in this first act for OAS are the following:

Factions included in this act will:

l. Move their operative bases (Homebase) to the same sector as the pre defined sector in this act

ll: Assume the roles assigned to them, and specialize in that particular role.

lll: Continue to support other factions who wish to join this act.

This is a small step for all factions included in this act, and a major step for OAS.

Dread Syndicate has been assigned the role of Foundries, they are to be the industry might of OAS, providing designs, blueprints, titans, blocks, and other industry related items to the rest of the alliance.

Dovan empire has been assigned the task of Mining operations, they are to oversee the mining operations of OAS and ensure a steady flow of items continues to flood in, they are critical to the success of Dread Syndicate Foundries, currently operating under Max load.

And finally, Infinite legion has been assigned the task of Fleet, they are to man the ships produced by Dread Syndicate with their massive array of players.

This act does not state that these factions must shut down other operations to focus directly on just what they have been assigned, rather, to focus on the task more so then other operations.

In other news, Dread Syndicate has made a full recovery from their stagnation (fucking finally), the increase in activity is in part due to the consistent yelling that members are getting from their commander (Zackey_TNT) reports indicate that continued use of "Heresy" and "That is heretical" are super effective.

Their homebase is nearing completion, and their first titan in six months "Ragnarok" has finally been completed and spawned.

Infinite legion has consumed more proxy factions, and is now upto a total player count of over 70 with their manpower, it is unlikely that we will see a shift in power between OAS and the rest of the competition any time soon.

Infinite legion recovered a pirate boss yesterday, from the pirate boss homebase, reports say that bobby stated later on that, "You can't use that on the server its over the limits" Many sad faces where seen that day.

Dovan empire's continued spam of drones in the form of lawn mowers is met with a raid by Thryn monarchy drones, Dovan Empire report ably loses 2 ships cleaning up what appears to be massive creepers from minecraft. It is unknown at this time if the drone wars will stop, dovan empire stats that "Spam will continue!"

A major dispute between the definition of heresy between Lord Sidonus and Zackey_TNT broke out, threats where layed to declare war on infinite legion from Dread Syndicate, stating that, infinite legion had committed heresy.

It was soon after resolved with a super long, and super gay discussion on the meaning of life, what the machine spirit, and why we exist.

(Non joking version)
    A major dispute between LordSidonus and Zackey_TNT broke out after LordSidonus drilled holes into the side of the newly created Ragnarok Class Titan via heatseekers when OAS was raiding thryn's base, threats where layed to declare war on infinite legion from Dread Syndicate, stating that, if we ever see another hole made by an infinite legion ship, it will be the end of this alliance.

It was soon after resolved when LordSidonus and Zackey_TNT sat down to discuss why they had refounded OAS, why lord sidonus had fired heat seekers in the mits of a battle, and why they where currently allies, Loyalty towards each other was soon restored, and plans layed out to expand beyond the game star made where made.

It was later discussed that a request was given to clear the sector and that, the intention was to hit white lancer , whom was godmoded and sitting in a titan NEXT to the thryn homebase, something an admin should never do.

After this event, a new resolve was found to reform OAS, under the newly founded trust and loyalty between the two.

The reform is planned to take place in the next couple of days, using Google documents, many plans have been layed out to structure and document how things are done in OAS, and to continue to be transparent in the operations of OAS to other factions whom OAS consist of.

These reforms will be a major thing for OAS, unlike the previous one, this includes the complete documentation of how OAS runs, why it exists, and what to do when a dispute is made. You can compare this massive task to the founding of the good o'l usa, while not as large scale, the text amount is roughly the same.

Why? Because plans currently layed out state that after a certain amount of time passes, starmade will be abandoned in favor of larger games, such as planet side 3, SWTOR and Star Citizen and thus, the reform is intended to put in place the structure to be followed in every game we play.

More news:

The main post has been updated to include the factions we failed to mention earlier.
    Operations against The Turkish bards have come to a full halt as dovan empire and Turkish bards continue to spam drones at eachother, failing to actually cause major loses, and actually have a fleet battle.

Infinite legion has allowed The Turkish Bards one week of time where they will not attack, proclaiming they wish to have an actual challenge from them.

Dread Syndicate has stated that it did not agree to this, and that, it will continue to move against them.

Dovan Empire continues to make great progress in tech, improving their designs greatly, to the point where most of their ships are able to compete with older designs from infinite legion.

Videos are currently in progress, and should be out soon, including the battle of DUC which will be from zack's point of view.

Even more news:
    Operations on shattered skies officially end, as the server is too unstable, its admins are too abusive, and the combined membership of OAS declared, that it gave little fucks for moving anywhere else.

Dovan empire are massive trolls, and fool the entire discord into thinking they are actually butthurt about something, prompting Zackey to promote the discord's master troll to Admin status, it was not long before we had more roles then we could count and all of miraaks non important messages had magically gone poof.

austinator13 is to blame.

This wall of text brought to you by the combined membership of OAS from a google document, have a good day.

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Operations against The Turkish bards have come to a full halt as dovan empire and Turkish bards continue to spam drones at eachother, failing to actually cause major loses, and actually have a fleet battle.
    Can we fight soon please?
    We are tired of spending time to ignore dovians, and would like to devote more of that time to flying our terrible ships against your perfections of engineering.
    What is the worst that could happen? (Come at me bro)

LordSidonus

Imperial Hivemind
    Reaction score
    Oh, my dear sweet and utmost favorite target practice "volunteers".
    This Saturday is the expiration of your lease, and I shall have to come and re-collect the atoms of space from whence you are placed.
    In that most glorious and delightful time, I shall personally see to it that an actual battle shall be managed.
    At least, as long as nobody goes undocking Magnolias at spawn to lag the server out again...
    *cough*

On another note, I can agree your drone war with Dovans has been quite the bore. I would find more entertainment watching paint dry.
    However, I am quite positive that when I decide to deploy our Imperial drones, the game of hot potato with ships across the galaxy shall become more interesting. In fact, I may even devise a way of keeping track of exactly how many Thryn egg cartons my blockades shall be shredding.
    That numerical status then can be implanted upon my gifts unto you all.
    As far as Dovan lawnmower 'drones' are concerned, since DerpGamer is the one constantly using them, I have but this to say...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    At least, as long as nobody goes undocking Magnolias at spawn to lag the server out again...
    You mean the drones that got undocked and the turrets that got shot off during the fight that occurred when Azereiah was attacked at !tpspawn by a "coincidental patrol?"

I realize that Az14el isn't technically IL, but seeing as how he's an
    auxiliary fleet under the Banner of The Infinite Legion
    perhaps you could do a better job of following the week of non-aggression that you offered us?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If they are over double the size of eggs pls go see a doctor.

You mean the drones that got undocked and the turrets that got shot off during the fight that occurred when Azereiah was attacked at !tpspawn by a "coincidental patrol?"

perhaps you could do a better job of following the week of non-aggression that you offered us?
    Oh come on, you could of done better at being more aggressive. First off, they attacked to get to spawn and were driven out by our sub-par ships and our excellent tenacity. They forfeited the field, they retreated, it was a win.
    You could of, however, said something about how they drive their ships like a rental without insurance, afraid to even get the paint chipped.
    Or pointed out the fact that when we sent two flights of 13 drones to Dovians, they almost lost a titan to them? And we ended up feeling bad for them and sent those drones into the sun when they complained about it?
    Or you could of pointed out that they tend to cause more collateral damage to themselves than to us when attacking? And they count a few overheating cores and less than 5% structure damage a glorious victory while we take our ship and send it through the ship yard for a pretty minimal repair cost (because repairing armorbar is free that way).
    Or you could of done what you normally do and rate all their posts as funny.

Reactions: LordSidonus

LordSidonus

Imperial Hivemind
    Reaction score

The incident regarding your Magnolia bits at spawn honestly is not something that was too involving for us. When I heard of it and obtained all relevant information pertaining to such, I logged in and started clearing it out of spawn. Considering that those vessels being there is considered camping of spawn shops and all. As far as your statement of Azereiah being attacked at spawn, I truly do not know what you are talking about. But if I were to take a quick theoretical jab at it, I'd say that both of them tpspawned in a form of ship which had turrets, and ended up with annoying AI crossfire during the trip to the spawnshop. However, just as Azereiah can tell you when I sat at spawn with a pirate titan letting whoever wanted to take a look come and examine it freely, it did shoot at ships outside of 2 2 0. Fact is, sometimes shit happens. Now, if you want to really attempt your statement of your one week free of Infinite Legion bombardment, I must redirect your attention to the fact that your space has been free of said engagements. Turret spasms are as commonly known as gravity, Lecic. We aren't bound by anything to not attack you, rather, we chose to give you a grace period out of the goodness of our black hearts. Normally, I would consider revoking it after your seemingly provocative statements, however that would be like bombing a base just because one cockroach looked at you wrong.

Now, onto Artificer's statements, of which I am truly amused by.
    I mean seriously, that much of a spoiler clickfest? Gave me a really good laugh. Nice job.
    Might I recommend perhaps one of those "no bark" collars for Lecic? They're generally very effective at keeping one's mutts on a tighter leash. ;)

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I wasn't aware of the grace period at the time, probably too busy sleeping catch that part lol
    But I fired with nothing but the purest (and most vitriolic) of intent. Of this I can assure you, cross my heart and hope to die.

Reaction score
    High council decree

By order of The High Council all drone operations of OAS are to abide by following rules:

No more then 20 drones PER fleet are allowed
    No more then a total of 300K blocks are to be used in any fleets
    No more then TEN fleets per faction can be used at any given time
    You cannot send more then one fleet at any given target.
    You are not to send a fleet directly into someones operative base/station/sector
    You are to send them one sector out from the intended target
    Usage of fleets to spam useless ineffective drones are strictly prohibited
    Usage of fleets to flood homebases/annoy people are strictly prohibited
    Usage of fleets to assault targets that cannot be damaged are strictly prohibited
    Usage of fleets with the intentions of trolling is strictly prohibited
    Lag caused by a fleet of yours is strictly your fault, and OAS takes no responsibility for such actions
    If you are aware that your fleet is going to lag, will lag, or can potentially cause lag, you must stop the fleet, fix the problem, or send the fleet into the sun.

All of this are also rules currently in place on GenXnova, break them, and we wont be the only issue you have.

Who this affects:

Anyone currently in OAS, directly related to OAS, allies of OAS, or anyone indirectly affecting our name, factions, assets, or status.

Repercussions:

Depending on the severity of the offence, the following actions can and will be taken:

(In order of severity)
    Loud yelling
    Very loud yelling
    A talk with you and the rest of the high council
    Intentional Unintentional friendly fire.
    Intentional Unintentional hitting of the declare war button.
    Intentional Unintentional removal of your factions/friends/allies/people you talk with/people you had a conversation with.
    Intentional Unintentional exterminatus.

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I will accept all but point number 3, and change it to 4-5 per player.

Bring on the yelling.

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    You still havnt fixed the insanity within point #1
    and yes still #3 is highly unfavorable

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I wish to propose an organised and gentlemanly battle with Thryn. This can settle this very childish and annoying drone war

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I wish to propose an organised and gentlemanly battle with Thryn. This can settle this very childish and annoying drone war
    Well the drone war kinda settled down around sunday, but it was fun and crazy enough to talk about for multiple days.
    No-one expects the Dovian Inquisition Lawn-care Services!

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Fun for you and Dovan >_<

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Infinite legion has consumed more proxy factions, and is now upto a total player count of over 70 with their manpower, it is unlikely that we will see a shift in power between OAS and the rest of the competition any time soon.
    Any chance somebody could update me on what is meant by 'proxy factions'?
    Infinite Legion has vassals/protectorates in nearby systems or the factions joined into Infinite Legion or something else? (Haven't heard the term used before, so purely from a knowledge-seeking perspective)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Any chance somebody could update me on what is meant by 'proxy factions'?
    Infinite Legion has vassals/protectorates in nearby systems or the factions joined into Infinite Legion or something else? (Haven't heard the term used before, so purely from a knowledge-seeking perspective)
    Proxy factions are semi-autonomous factions used to wage a proxy war that the main faction cannot engage in itself.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I thought it was a way to handicap yourself in battle.
    You know, accidentally hit a "friendly" and have a auto wardec causing all turrets and drones to start bothering you now. :P