The New "Vanilla Standard"

Do you agree?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A Block and Mass (with rail) limit server solves this problem instantly.

Kinda like mine, I've seen people rage-quit because they can't build a "star destroyer". Well, too bad. Welcome to the fix.

By the time people get good at using fleets then maybe the game will get an optimization *coughlowresolutiontexturescough* for 100k mass ships and beyond but yeah. Hard facts are hard.

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    A Block and Mass (with rail) limit server solves this problem instantly.

Kinda like mine, I've seen people rage-quit because they can't build a "star destroyer". Well, too bad. Welcome to the fix.

By the time people get good at using fleets then maybe the game will get an optimization *coughlowresolutiontexturescough* for 100k mass ships and beyond but yeah. Hard facts are hard.
    Interesting server you have there... (y)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm late to the party but I guess I'll still share my two cents.

I agree with this to an extent. I'm aware that limiting the mass size to 100k is just an example but I think that number is too small. I completely agree with limiting it whatever the server can handle. Right now I'm trying to buy a better pc and my current one can run the game at 35 fps with little to no entities in the sector. I like my larger ships but when they start to break the game it breaks my heart to say goodbye. This is not where I think starmade should go, server PvP direction wise.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Reads every single post........ Finally reaches the end

Whew. Basically, the popularity of this idea speaks for itself. Servers which tried this couldn't sustain.
    After reading all the whys and why nots,I have tried to compress the arguments, counter arguments and statements of the past 83 posts and have presented them here so people don't need to go through the whole damn thread ;). Key points (not necessarily in that order)

#Large scale builds and huge weapon output=laggy battles. Exploits follow naturally.

#Scale limits on ALL servers so players are forced to build within reasonable sizes

#Current style of manipulating options in config is tedious and not as effective as is possible.

# Ways to by pass size limits on servers by introducing turrets.

#Its the turrets that cause the lag, not the size(comparatively)

#Animations on blocks (lava in planets for eg) cause the lag. Introduce the option of toggling this option from the player side.

#This whole concept is pointless.. Why limit the game?

Hope this helped.
    I, personally voted yes. *shrugs*

Last edited: