The more credits you have the more likely pirates will try to kill you

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    i'm not too fussed which way this idea goes, but please have a server "OFF" function, otherwise those playing "creative" (*cough* cheat engine *cough*) will be very swamped when we set our credits...
    Or you just set "spawn enemies" to false in your server config.

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    what about valuable items in inventory and ship cargo too?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    what about valuable items in inventory and ship cargo too?
    I think using "stuff" for pirates to determine a potential victim would be preferable to just "credits". If a mugger targets you on the street, they don't know how much money is in your bank account, but they can see you wearing the Rolex watch or Armani suit.

What if a pirate "scanned" a potential target and decided to attack based on the "strength" of a ship vs the amount of potential loot? For example, a large ship with lesser weaponry would be targeted before a "Warship". AI could compute the weapon blocks to other block ratio when deciding what to attack.

Reactions: Ithirahad

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I think using "stuff" for pirates to determine a potential victim would be preferable to just "credits". If a mugger targets you on the street, they don't know how much money is in your bank account, but they can see you wearing the Rolex watch or Armani suit.

What if a pirate "scanned" a potential target and decided to attack based on the "strength" of a ship vs the amount of potential loot? For example, a large ship with lesser weaponry would be targeted before a "Warship". AI could compute the weapon blocks to other block ratio when deciding what to attack.
    Now this is a great idea.

Reaction score
    @srs008 yeah but if you are an amin you can delete pirates and play in godmode!
    true, personally i do play with the pirates ships available as none, effectively turning them off.
    i should have expanded on that, not everyone knows how to turn them off, but we should assume everyone wants customization, and sometimes we want to go out and attack a small fleet, test our ship/s... you can't do that with pirates off. (me and my brother play offline, due to limited internet...)
    far easier if a off switch is incorporated for this feature...
    at least then, we won't have to worry about getting swamped by every pirate within 10 sectors...
    no loss, no gain. plus, we all know there are people who are going to scream how unfair it is that their mega-rich faction and it's mega capital ships are constantly attacked by pirates...
    (i mean, average players playing normally will probably have issues with the pirates picking on them)
    easier to beat the problem down. then server ops can hold a "vote"... to have it left on.
    let's face it, this will mostly hammer the richest players. bringing them back within reach of other players... the elitests on the server...
    if your server has a whopping two people however... in the same faction... where do you think they'll go?
    i'm not the only person to play single-player, or small server host.
    in those circumstances, we need a easy off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i'm not too fussed which way this idea goes, but please have a server "OFF" function, otherwise those playing "creative" (*cough* cheat engine *cough*) will be very swamped when we set our credits...
    I was under the impression this was in already with the AI difficulty setting on startup.

Reaction score
    I was under the impression this was in already with the AI difficulty setting on startup.
    turning the pirates off can be done in the config, yes, you can also deny them access to all ships in the catalog in game for the same effect...

in this case, we are talking about adding a feature where pirates hunt you the richer you and/or your clan are, i was saying this would also need an off switch in config so that small servers could turn it off, basically defaulting to standard AI behavior.

Reaction score
    This is a great idea, especially because I rarely (if ever) encounter pirates in my single player game. I am for anything that would increase the spawn rate of pirates.

Also a config setting would be required as everyone above me has stated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

I like this. It means pirate battleships and flagships could be added, but they wouldn't go after newly spawned players.

Reaction score
    Why are you using Cheat Engine instead of pressing enter and typing this (without quotes) "/give_credits SapioiT 3000" (replace SapioiT with your in-game name and 3000 with the value you want to get)

Reaction score
    Why are you using Cheat Engine instead of pressing enter and typing this (without quotes) "/give_credits SapioiT 3000" (replace SapioiT with your in-game name and 3000 with the value you want to get)
    well the give command was always iffy for me anyway, but I kinda assumed there was no give credits...
    besides, cheat engine can be locked, literally giving infinite money.

that said.... i'll probably end up using this sometimes, beats finding the right value...