The more credits you have the more likely pirates will try to kill you

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think that it would be quite nice that pirates would try to chase you more often if you have more credits. I also think that stronger pirates will try to take you on if you have more credits. I mean a giant titan chasing a noob with 25 000 credits seems very odd. The pirates will spend more time and take more risks to get more credits is my train of logic.

Also too make things a bit more interesting the scanners that are in the new dev-build should reveal the amount of credits the player has. This means that it will also be more dangerous to carry credits with you in pvp and not only pve. This was proposed by Websterandy42

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Kane

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I actually like this idea

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    technically you can to some extent do that - just buy blocks with the credits and sell them later

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This game has gold, silver and copper bars...

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    or better yet. give us a treasury option in the faction menu. members can contribute to the collective faction funds and members with permission will have an extra button appear to buy things from shops using faction funds.

pirates will then go after entire faction based on the amount of credits in their treasury adding an extra layer of danger/excitement

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Retreat would be something nice. Pirates could try to kill you and if they lose a higher percentage in ships that your ship loses blocks they should retreat.
    If you chase the group, maybe let them split into different directions so that the player can't chase all of them (they could be save if out of sight >20km)

That would allow weaker pirates without having them feed players too much (hardcore servers for example) - after all they are pirates.

The goal I would aim for is that players (and pirates) both avoid each other, then -if they see some opportunity- suddenly tackle to see if they have a good chance to win (but not fight for death) and retreat if they get the chance, Minimizing losses, not maximizing gain.

If you keep them waiting and don't chase them very often, they will get impatient and take higher risks.
    But if you chase a damaged pirate ship every time over multiple sectors, they will only take lower risks by attacking you.

or better yet. give us a treasury option in the faction menu. members can contribute to the collective faction funds and members with permission will have an extra button appear to buy things from shops using faction funds.

pirates will then go after entire faction based on the amount of credits in their treasury adding an extra layer of danger/excitement
    I guess this will essentially "ban" small ship players from big factions.

I like the thoughts behind it, but do not support this version of the idea.

Reactions: SomethingSlimy

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I guess this will essentially "ban" small ship players from big factions.

I like the thoughts behind it, but do not support this version of the idea.
    i was thinking more along the lines that bigger factions attract more powerful pirates while smaller less wealthy factions only get sporadic attacks.

basically it would be a way to ease players into getting better allowing new players to start a faction and over time begin to fight stronger pirates as their wealth and member rolls increase

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I love the idea, but I think it should be configurable in the config, as some people (me included) spawn in credits when working on large projects. Imagine how many pirates would spawn if you had a trillion credits?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yeah, i guess you are then an admin and could despawn them with commands and activate godmode and such :)

Reaction score
    What about scanners being able to tell how much credits a person is holding too? That way, having a bunch of credits on you is more dangerous from a pve and pvp standpoint.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would have to be something other than credits to be honest. Credits are really only useful for buying blueprints, and that will eventually be replaced by the shipyards. No, I think it should be FP based instead. Because that is going to be the main currency in the future. Credits will still be used for easy trading of course, but most people will choose to just salvage the many asteroids and the few planets with a x6 mining bonus instead.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Only if there's an alternative place to store credits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I approve of this idea since it make logical sense for pirates to only pursue those they precise of having something worth stealing.

Having pirates bum rush you right out of the trade post seems somewhat silly to me as they aren't exactly going to make much and are more likely to incur the wrath of the Traid Guide for killing their new customers. :p

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I approve of this idea since it make logical sense for pirates to only pursue those they precise of having something worth stealing.

Having pirates bum rush you right out of the trade post seems somewhat silly to me as they aren't exactly going to make much and are more likely to incur the wrath of the Traid Guide for killing their new customers. :p
    exactly! schema pls!

Reaction score
    i'm not too fussed which way this idea goes, but please have a server "OFF" function, otherwise those playing "creative" (*cough* cheat engine *cough*) will be very swamped when we set our credits...