The Indiscernible Breaking; Build .18999

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Let me start from the top. New build .1899 dropped yesterday. I was playing Starmade as it was being released and didn't update till after it was out. I logged off and updated Starmade. Was pumped to see the new weapon effect system changes and force fields! I mean come on, force fields (awesome) ?! Anyways I updated it fine. Then I go to log in and all runs smoothly. In the in game loading screen right before spawn in I notice a white square in the bottom right corner. I was curious but not alarmed. Here is what it looks like;

Once I get into game I am very alarmed at what I see;

Here's another picture of my character;

I think, "Interesting, but I was inside a ship last time I logged off. So maybe this is just no lighting inside the ship for some reason." (Side note, I have lights on the inside of the ship. Which means they aren't functioning). At this time I also notice the squares of color on my screen where markers should have been. I then try to move around and exit the ship just by using the right mouse button to dig out. Nothing happens. I try to enter the ship core, nothing happens. It turns out that I can't interact with blocks. I then hit the '\' button to rotate around my position and see that all the structures around me are completely blacked out, all the blocks are as black as the ink of the background galaxy, except for thrusters;

The Blue squares are denoting ships but as I said they are completely blacked out now. I do not run any skins or shaders. And in fact I can even just load in the last build from the launcher and start the game and it runs just fine. All the block are drawn and functioning. As seen here;

I have uninstalled re-installed Starmade many times. I have downloaded the launcher from your site and run it. I have changed settings, deleted logs, deleted out all of my java and re-installed it among various other things. (My drivers are updated). And yet this issue persists in all of the iterations of attempted fixes.

My computer stats:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(Tm) i5-3750k CPU @3.4 GHz
    Ram: 8.0 GB
    System Type: 64-bit
    Display Driver: AMD Radeon HD 7800

Let me reiterate, THIS GAME RUNS FINE ON MY COMPUTER up till .18999. As hopefully I have explained, that any previous build before .18999 runs just fine. It is specifically this new build that breaks the drawing effects of blocks and prevents them from existing or something (remember I can't interact with these black blocks).

Sorry for the long post, I hope I have been clear enough and I appreciate any help! Would love to get back and play some Starmade again, but if this can't be fixed it looks like I'll be putting this title down for good.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425345695,1425343553][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, I have also looked at the logs/ had others look at them and we have found nothing in them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think this is because of the schine team messing around with texture positions and the like, dont quote me on that though.

Reaction score
    I joined the forum to point out this makes the 3rd thread with graphical issues. The common element in most threads are AMD Radeon graphics. The exception being a AMD APU still using the catalyst control suite and driver set same as its sister card. In all cases the following steps have been taken. Reload the game, update graphics driver, roll back driver, post log, and pray. Taking a wild guess and thinking whatever changes have taken place in the most recent build will effect Radeon cards only.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Could you please supply the latest log.txt.0, graphcisinfo.txt from logs folder and settings.cfg from your starmade folder? (use the upload file option)

i will take a look then, maybe i find something

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Could you please supply the latest log.txt.0, graphcisinfo.txt from logs folder and settings.cfg from your starmade folder? (use the upload file option)

i will take a look then, maybe i find something

Ok, here you go!
    Here is the Pastebin of log.txt: http://pastebin.com/pcA96xCR
    Here is the Pastebin of settings.cfg: http://pastebin.com/jZjnmb7Y
    I uploaded the graphcisinfo.txt

Maybe you will see something! thanks for looking! :D

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Ok ... you are right .. i see nothing special out of the ordinary on the log.txt.
    Your GPU drivers are outdated, but that is not necessarily the problem (could be though). stable AMD catalyst is 14.12 afaik

i will put your settings into my game and see if that causes a problem. but sorry it is late and i have to go to bed. cant do that before beeing back from work tomorrow. will tell you the outcome then