NP The Helkan Imperium - Recruitment Open

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmm, now I am thinking of just a continuous spray of cannon+missile for a constant shotgun effect.

If only the spread wasn't the same damn pattern... and the cone was a little tighter. It might look a little scary, with variants of the same color as a constant bullet swarm...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm working on getting factions to band together as a coalition against the Helkan Imperium, just wait a bit and we can all have a big faction battle, I can record too if you want :) It's just gonna take awhile and a lot of coordination because the Helkan Imperium is so big they can field larger ships quicker due to the number of members. I do like Helkan Homebase's Design, pretty legit haha

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm working on getting factions to band together as a coalition against the Helkan Imperium, just wait a bit and we can all have a big faction battle, I can record too if you want :) It's just gonna take awhile and a lot of coordination because the Helkan Imperium is so big they can field larger ships quicker due to the number of members. I do like Helkan Homebase's Design, pretty legit haha
    I look forward to meeting you on the battlefield, preferably not in a cloaked this time :p

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Brothers, a call to arms has been decreed! Around 2pm the servers specialized pirate faction, which grows when ignored, has recently taken over the warpgate into the heart of the galaxy, at 21 22 18. To prevent this filth from utilizing the gate and spreading back to our own corner of the galaxy, we must purge!

We can scramble a few corvettes and a frigate for the operation, the larger ships are still hold up in drydock.

No scouting mission has been sent yet, but defense is estimated to be light. A small flotilla, and a few "light" gun platforms, with battlecruiser sized weapons. Before we engage, a small warpship will scout ahead for another gate nearby to use and we will use that one as a temporary staging ground. (Or we can just use the one-way gate that drops us off at 2 2 2).

(we probably could do this on our own, but we decided you guys might want in on some of the fun as well)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Brothers, a call to arms has been decreed! Around 2pm the servers specialized pirate faction, which grows when ignored, has recently taken over the warpgate into the heart of the galaxy, at 21 22 18. To prevent this filth from utilizing the gate and spreading back to our own corner of the galaxy, we must purge!

We can scramble a few corvettes and a frigate for the operation, the larger ships are still hold up in drydock.

No scouting mission has been sent yet, but defense is estimated to be light. A small flotilla, and a few "light" gun platforms, with battlecruiser sized weapons. Before we engage, a small warpship will scout ahead for another gate nearby to use and we will use that one as a temporary staging ground. (Or we can just use the one-way gate that drops us off at 2 2 2).

(we probably could do this on our own, but we decided you guys might want in on some of the fun as well)
    Maybe not publicly broadcast your game plan? :p

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Maybe not publicly broadcast your game plan? :p
    This is Shattered Skies! Who is going to stop us? Blood Empire? Imperium? I think not.

I believe we can operate with an air of arrogance for a little while longer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This is Shattered Skies! Who is going to stop us? Blood Empire? Imperium? I think not.

I believe we can operate with an air of arrogance for a little while longer.
    Hmm...
    Be cautious. Imperium can be a threat for more reasons than one. Even if you may have a larger player base, that doesn't solve too much. Regardless of whether any rumors of abuse are true(I doubt it), their players a necessarily more active than other factions can be because of who they are alts for. They will have more resources at their disposal than you might expect.

Then again, I highly doubt you will have them going to war with you for attacking pirate factions, so...

Reaction score
    AFTER ACTION REPORT

Today a joint Helkan-Event Horizon force attempted to retake a warpgate captured by pirates.

Helkan Forces
    HIS Mordus - Deltacross
    HIS Thermopylae - Comr4de
    HIS Enlightenment - Boroski
    HIS Desolation - Chevalleis

Event Horizon
    Anaconda - Birdman2246
    Nebulon-B - TheGeek007
    Shitty combat miner that didnt even have a name lmao - Master Artificer

Sicne the warpgate in question was linked via mutual transportation treaty, Event Horizon requested our assistance retaking the gate. The fleet assembled, and arrived 20km from the target area.

Arriving onsite they discovered a meager pirate force, which quickly called for reinforcements. The pirates recklessly threw themselves at the coalition force, thinking only of destroying our noble soldiers. With no other choice, the fleet broke formation and began engaging the enemy on their own.

After engaging pirate waves for over two hours, Fleet Admiral Comr4de declared the station lost to the enemy, and ordered its destruction. At once, the fleet turned their guns on the station and overheated its systems. With their duty carried out, the fleet dispersed and returned to their respective ports of call.

FINAL DAMAGE REPORT:

Coalition forces
    HIS Desolation: no damage.
    HIS Enlightenment: minor damage to armor and ship systems; caused by focused enemy fire.
    HIS Mordus: no damage.
    HIS Thermopylae: loss of two point defense turrets.
    Anaconda: no damage.
    Nebulon B: Minor turret damage.
    Combat miner: no damage.

Pirate Fleet
    15x Spriggans destroyed
    4x Chimera Heavies destroyed
    23x Chimera Lights destroyed
    Pirate Warpgate destroyed

Mission was successful, despite original objective being to retake the station and re-incorporate it into the galactic network.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    What's the average blockcount (can't use mass anymore to measure) of the ships used on SS ? Reasonable fleet or it's all about 10kk blocks+ like EE days ?

Reaction score
    What's the average blockcount (can't use mass anymore to measure) of the ships used on SS ? Reasonable fleet or it's all about 10kk blocks+ like EE days ?
    We threw around of 100k mass in that battle, just from the Helkans.

o fuc i forgot I'm still logged into the official account - comro

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    We can't use mass to measure ships anymore, since different blocks have different weights now

Reaction score
    Be grateful citizen! For you, Helkan builds a highway amongst the Stars!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Good fight guys. We learned A LOT.
    (For those of you were wondering: we had a flotilla of 20-30k mass ships, facing 6k and up mass pirates. With a couple big ones with decent alpha.)

-Always send a pathfinder through an hour before the fight. Gates can decided not to work from day to day. I swapped out the CR90 for a fast pathfinder to set up warps for the fleet, just happened to have dinky missiles and a double waffle of salvage beams.

-Comrade is a good caller. Listen to him. In general, this was a really good training experience for everyone involved, and how I would want to introduce newish people to fleet battles.

-Just deciding to go ahead with an operation on a laggy server was actually a good idea. Comrade crashed once, and another had to relog to see the station. No real combat crashes, and everybody got a decent missile fight in.

-Combat Miners need a 100% overdrive buff. As well as stop effect cannons.

-Having lots of small/medium ships is a lot of fun, and when you start tanking damage, you can swap out positions with your friend to remove the under fire shield debuff while still in the fight.

-Blueprint your turrets before heading in GEEK.

-Listen to "army of justice" from 2 steps from hell :)

Split basically evenly, did all the mental math in my head, didnt care too much if I was like 10-20 off for the big stacks. Not too much, but a nice small reward.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Excellent work komrades, another victory under the glorious Helkan name!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    On the scale of 1-10, how BORED do you need to be to organize a combined raid against pirates?

Not dissing, but are there really no one to fight on SS?