The Figurehead: Captain's log

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Captain's log: 7/19/4014
    Hello, everyone. Today I have made the longest journey I have ever made - 330km, to the edge of core space at Spearhead yachtworks. My ship doesn't have any overdrive, and a cruise control speed of 100km/h. It was a long, grueling journey and I loved every second of it.
    Along the way, I tried to increase the cruising speed so I could get there a little faster.

I increased my speed by about 6, but that was all. So, I had to take it down. Also, this was one time I recognized the need to set up shifts on my ship. I worked 10 minutes on and took 10 minutes off to talk to my friends and browse the forums and whatnot. After finally traveling the distance, I made it to Spearhead Yachtworks to drop off a load of cargo and trade some Hardened Grey Hull. I know have 8,000 of it, which will be used to be my home port of Caladan.
    Here's a shot of Spearhead Yachtworks:

On the way back, I picked up a man who called himself an Admiral, by the name of Esarai. I gave him a tour and showed him the works, and he was a pretty awesome crewmember.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...Esarai? Sounds like an Aethi name, but to my knowledge there are no admirals by the name of Esarai in the Aethi Star Navy, nor were there any recently... except... no, that can't be right... never mind...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    ...Esarai? Sounds like an Aethi name, but to my knowledge there are no admirals by the name of Esarai in the Aethi Star Navy...
    Esarai Saravanna, he's one of the best shipwrights I know :0

Good thing he is in Spearhead Yachtworks.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Okay, he's not a disguised Aethi. If it was "Saravaana" (Pronounced possibly the same) I'd wonder a bit, even despite the lack of a secondary surname ("Kiim" being my own). :p

(I once knew a Kienas Saravaana'dalsir...)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Zeno9141

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Captain's log: 8/23/4014

Attention, friends, it is with great sadness that I announce that this is the Trident's last log. She has not been destroyed or anything, no - she was subject to the one killer that gets us all, old age. Yes, that's right. The Trident has been in service for around 4 1/2 months now, and a lot of her systems are outdated. I've decided to retire her - she is the first Figurehead that has not been destroyed, and was retired instead. I will auction her off on my server's forums.

This is the log of her last mission:

The Jovian wars have begun a little while earlier, and I could not participate due to the fact I was on vacation. When I came back, I decided to set up one last final run for my vessel before retiring her. There are several war camps near Jovian space, and I set out to resupply them with a small fleet. Here's a shot of the fleet I led:

On the way, I decided to upgrade some of the engine systems. Due to the lack of lighting, I had to work in complete darkness, and I actually ended up damaging some of the guns.

Along the way, I decided to go topside and wave at the ships flying next to me.

We continued our voyage until we reached the war camp, set up by Kniaz Markov.

The shot was from a distance, but honestly, it probably looks better like this. The station was still under construction, and pretty ugly.

I was unloading some goods when we were attacked by some Jovian forces. I did not sustain any damage, but did not give any either. Here are some shots of the fighting:

I actually had to run, because I didn't want my ship to be destroyed right before I retired her - that would really suck. So I fled back to the station, unloaded the rest of my goods, and all of the Jovians were killed.

On the way back, I toured the Trident and reminisced about all the good times we had. She was a good ship, and I'll miss her, but I am happy to know that she will live on as a relic.

Captain Snk, out.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So this thread will be updated when your new ship is complete?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Okay. Also you could release the blueprint of the old one for others

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Dunno, I'll think about it. The Figurehead is my personal ship, and I don't like the idea of everyone using it.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    TBH Most people only use their own ships or a faction ship. With all the ships floating around I highly highly HIGHLY doubt anyone even uses Crimson Corp Ships as their go to ships. The likelyhood of you finding someone in game using your ship is nigh impossible.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The Figurehead was auctioned off for 1,999,999,999.