The DFN- A Starmade Faction [RECRUIT ALL THE PEOPLE!]

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, we need them to be large enough to take a hit from anything larger than Isanth, for one thing. After that, they have to have more than a block or two of weapons inside them to actually do damage.

And so what if our scales are a bit larger than yours, it just means we have a bigger ship scale.
    I'm not building a 100m fighter. That's insane.

When you come up with a more sensible way of classing ships, contact me.

I mean shit, Targarean showed me a ship he built that looked like a small frigate or destroyer. He said it was a gunship. What did you do to him?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree with the dfn, my ship scale is a bit bigger base on its capabilities and need. What need of small 20m ships taking up space and being not effective in combat. My fighters start around 60 to 80m, 15k dps and a shit ton of thrust. If you are going to have an effective fleet then each ship must serve a purpose and must be useful. If on a ship or supporting it, they must be able to hold their own and not become a burden to the area, because they will cause lag. Ship to ship.. Size matters. Hell a 20m ship are my drones, and all crammed full of systems.

Reactions: FlyingDebris

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I could be mistaken, but isnt the Point of a fighter -Not- to Get hit?
    There is a slight difference between "Its bigger, its better, it more effective" And "We need more shields because dodging is too hard".

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    fighters are meant not to get hit, but with turret accuracy and the increased turrets and increased turret size it makes for smaller ships being not effective below a certain mark. Now I have made a ship 60m that doesn't need more shields as its trust makes it fast and maneuverable as a fighter should be. All my ships are made to have the most effectiveness for their size and shape. Increasing my ship size increases their effectiveness.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    honestly just go by ship mass and systems block count to compare and judge. To many factions and people have different ship classifications.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The point of smaller vessels in this game between 10m and 20m is to mainly distract and harass bigger ships. Kind of hard to use missiles and turrets if all they do is target literally Flying debris.

P.S.
    Sorry for the pun but it was too good to pass up :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Turret accuracy and weapon systems will be getting balanced soon enough, meaning that smaller craft like fighters and bombers will become much more viable. But the main role of fighters in space combat is to defend against other fighters and harass larger ships.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    correct, right now I don't see a use of small ships with the current state of the game and how well turrets move and shoot. I am looking forward to when smaller crafts play a larger role in fleet and ship to ship combat.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Then we may as well rename all of these 80-100m fighters to corvettes or Brigs.

Reactions: Leanson
    Reaction score
    Every time I see a swear word I kinda want to click the 'edit' button and replace it with [Claru] brackets and all.

Not only would it clean up the language, it might prove funny. :3

Also my two cents would be fighters are meant to be small. Just because there is no use for them beyond friendly combat or pre agreed on events does not change that. In fact it precludes you from said cross factional events and teaches lazy piloting since at that point the fighters likely have turrets and behave like proper capital ships.

But it is all definition and personal choice. You could call a imperial star destroyer a fighter I suppose or a xwing a drone carrier if you really wanted to.

It just would look weird~

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Every time I see a swear word I kinda want to click the 'edit' button and replace it with [Claru] brackets and all.

Not only would it clean up the language, it might prove funny. :3
    I remember a game I once played that Did this * ^* It had the option to "piratify" Swearing and other common Phrases xD With every swear word being switched to a Nautical Term that actually fit. Also changed some acronyms (like wtf and omg). Was very much fun

Would be interesting to see said system in Starmade :eek: just to see what happens * ^*

Reaction score
    I remember a game I once played that Did this * ^* It had the option to "piratify" Swearing and other common Phrases xD With every swear word being switched to a Nautical Term that actually fit. Also changed some acronyms (like wtf and omg). Was very much fun

Would be interesting to see said system in Starmade :eek: just to see what happens * ^*
    I'm pretty sure it would be abuse of privileges for me to do such a thing. Even if it is my special day. ;p

Yaaar git dat bootay and start swabbing yee hearty's.

Reaction score
    In the case of war, fighters of larger size would most likely be more efficient. Larger fighters can be used for harassing, and for damaging. And why not compromise and just have smaller fighters and larger fighters?

Reactions: FlyingDebris
    Reaction score
    Oh god, don't get Incap started on "Efficient", They murdered me when i used it XD

Reaction score
    Well then I won't. I'm just worried that we will get blown out of the water in a war.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    In the case of war, fighters of larger size would most likely be more efficient. Larger fighters can be used for harassing, and for damaging. And why not compromise and just have smaller fighters and larger fighters?
    One of the Perks that Small Fighters carry over Larger ones, is the increased turning speeds, Meaning they can stick closer to Larger ships easier (up to a certain point)
    While a Larger Fighter has more shields and Guns, Smaller ships are harder to hit, and have a better Recharge rate due to less shields (So unless the Larger can lead, the Smaller ship can take couple hits and regen all their shield in like 2 seconds).