THE Comprehensive Suggestion - The most thorough, thought out, and longest suggestion to date

Reaction score
    This thread has given me a newfound respect for War Dog.

He walks into a thread full of grown adults acting like they are mere children using Xbox Live to lash out. He doesn't join them. He doesn't even decide to leave. He sits down, he reads (presumably most) of the OP, and he leaves detailed feedback. The only detailed feedback so far. He disagrees with certain points but instead of saying something silly and ineffective like "this post is bad and you should feel bad" he instead states exactly why it wouldn't work and what possible fixes there might be to make it better in the long run.

We could use a lot more War Dog around here, and a lot less of... Whatever that was.

And just for the record, I agree with what therimmer96 said. While I don't believe this would mesh with the rest of Schema's vision of Starmade very well, it would be totally awesome to have it as a comprehensive mod. Imagine being a commander in a Star Wars: Empire at War or Homeworld battlefield, but instead of being stuck in the 3d strategy map you could back away from the holomap, look out a window, and see the battle that way. You could go out into battle yourself. You could see the factories on your bases working block by block to bolster your forces and your faction. You could meet with other commanders and battle through politics and assassination rather than warfare.
    I think that MrNature's idea of commanding AI fleets would benefit from letting go of the limitations of having to fit within Starmade's base game, and instead come into it's own as an alternate Starmade made possible via mods.

Once the mod community comes rolling around, I'll make sure to get to work with someone to make the Comprehensive Mod happen. It could truly be amazing.

Last edited by a moderator: