The Calderon Republic needs you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Regarding the "resolution" and @WarSong: The turrets on the apocalypse really are that small. (and they pack enough power to blast something the size of the titanic to dust)

And come on Warsong why am I optimistic that was just uncalled for, I was trying to be informative.

Last edited:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I thought that itty bitty turrets atomizing a titan was bit optimistic.
    I apologize for my genuineness.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    lol you call that ship I titan, lmfao you got to get out more and play with some real factions war..... war how about you get in this battle we are planning, im sure we all would benefit on your vast knowledge and experience with building ships and turrets. lets see how powerful your ships are against the DFN, or laz, the event will be fun :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Until I posted in the Reporters needed topic I don't think he knew about the event :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I thought that itty bitty turrets atomizing a titan was bit optimistic.
    I apologize for my genuineness.
    Well by your means the Titan you tested your turrets on was probably a giant floating box with sub par power and shield systems with half assed weapon layouts and absolutely no anti capital turrets. That or you just did /god_mode Warsong true

I can assure you that the titans built by laz, DFN/NFD, TE, Vaygr or CR will not suffer a similar fate.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I don't use titans. Or titan killing turrets. In fact the odds of a little turret destroying any titan (brick or not) I find highly improbable.
    But this is a matter of opinion.

Instead of showing some proof of a titan smashing turret.. Which would probably be the best possible response to my post since opinions can be reconciled when introduced to new data; you've cast me in some bizarre scene where I build brick ships and use my anti-fighter turrets to trololol a 'titan' while in god mode. Honestly, I would be too busy to bother with even trying.

Regardless. I still find it hard to believe a turret the size of that emblem could destroy anything larger than a corvette. Say 75x50x50 max. And that feels generous. Please, introduce any evidence you have to the contrary. Or better still don't. Since the post that initiated all this was in regard to the emblem being made more visible.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm sorry I have no idea what you are saying, you have confused me with your awkward language. Are you saying that titans can kill turrets or "itty bitty" turrets can kill titans, you are simply utterly confusing.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Lemme clear it up.

In EVE Apoc Turrets are small. To small to be effective if converted to 1:1 Scale and still be useful.

This is what Warsong is saying

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Well I guess I would but I only ever played EVE once and it was not meant for me.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Do the 14 Day Free Trial. You won't regret it unless you do something stupid like go to nulsec.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I didnt knew that we (the TE) had a titan.
    Did I miss out on something?

and the kraken isn't a titan, just so you know. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Do the 14 Day Free Trial. You won't regret it unless you do something stupid like go to nulsec.
    but nulsec is fun :P[DOUBLEPOST=1411395293,1411395225][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I didnt knew that we (the TE) had a titan.
    Did I miss out on something?

and the kraken isn't a titan, just so you know. :p
    I know your cruisers match our battleship in dimensions (not mass) so basically big ships is what i mean.

Reaction score
    I don't use titans. Or titan killing turrets. In fact the odds of a little turret destroying any titan (brick or not) I find highly improbable.
    But this is a matter of opinion.

Instead of showing some proof of a titan smashing turret.. Which would probably be the best possible response to my post since opinions can be reconciled when introduced to new data; you've cast me in some bizarre scene where I build brick ships and use my anti-fighter turrets to trololol a 'titan' while in god mode. Honestly, I would be too busy to bother with even trying.

Regardless. I still find it hard to believe a turret the size of that emblem could destroy anything larger than a corvette. Say 75x50x50 max. And that feels generous. Please, introduce any evidence you have to the contrary. Or better still don't. Since the post that initiated all this was in regard to the emblem being made more visible.
    I meant the Titanic, as in the ship that sunk in the Atlantic. In EVE, those battleships do the same "damage" as other battleships and some of them use antimatter ammunition.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Last titan sized ship I built was the Cherokee, and that thing is hardly worth a mention until I get around to upgrading its weapon capacity to not suck.

Also WarSong, I have a turret in the works called the Centurion battery that can one-shot a ship with 12mil shields... not titan killing, but I imagine that once I install three or four on our new supercarrier that will be corrected.

Status
    Not open for further replies.