The Adenian Empire -- Old Thread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    May I suggest doing voice interviews over teamspeak before even letting them in. You want it to take a bit of effort for them to get in so that you can weed out the ones who do want to be in your faction and are team players, and those who don't. Although this kind of thing is always gonna happen to any faction, but you can minimise the risk of it
    I would, if I could ever manage to actually get in the Teamspeak server you have set up for us. I'll try again now, but I remember there being an error.

Edit: Aye. Channel Max Family reached.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor

I am on it now, but just to clarify, the IP you're using is voice.infinitehavoc.co.uk:9993

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I don't have teamspeak. I have "Powerful Friends" who can help "minimize" losses

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alright, Rimmer and I have fixed the issues regarding the Teamspeak channels and such.

On a side note, I and one of my members are both building our own variations of the upcoming Battlecarrier command ship that will be the flagship for the Adenian presence on The Rebel Alliance's main server. My colleague for this project estimates his design will take roughly a week or two to complete in its entirety. On my side of the project, I have a basic design for the engine compartment finished. That chunk alone has roughly 2 million shields all on it's own, and the engine propels itself rather well. Energy for propulsion isn't stable as of yet, but will become so as I progress through back to front. The ship will total at 599 meters in length, in keeping with the server max limits.

Quick Edit and Update: 386115 blocks for the engine area, 62008.7 Thrust, 2.5 million shields. 1219517 e/s

Total cost of just the engine block: 254.5 million credits.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Darkatus
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys, apologies for being absent.

Anyway, in the time I haven't had internet on my desktop (I brought it to my grandmothers while I watch her cats while she's in Florida) I've been doing some tweaking and changes to the universe save i'll be using for the future Adenian server. So far i've made sectors roughly 14km wide, so space is much bigger (It actually helps with FPS too, and player stations are less prone to cross sectors). I've upped the speed of ships to 300 to compensate, made shops a bit more rare, made planets bigger, and am working on a custom spawn station, which will be totally cool. I only know of one server that's a build server that has a custom spawn. I'll be working on ships on the side as well, and getting some server rules in place.

Expect the server by the end of summer. I may open it in a limited on/off state in the mean time, though.

Also, CONVERSE. Give me suggestions for the faction, the server, ship ideas, anything. I dont like seeing this faction fall low in the forum. I'd also appreciate word being spread. I may have special things for people who help me out with members. Very special things. Very, Very special things.

I don't have special things.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd definitely play there, it sounds awesome :D
    Cool. I'll be outright inviting certain factions to come along, though for the time being it's just me fighting with my crappy headset that cost a couple hundred dollars (G930 Logitech...) and laboring away trying to make my spawn station look good instead of nooby.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I could help with that station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I could help with that station.
    I'd appreciate it, but I dont know how to port forward with my grandma's 1995 router. Or how to even open the interface for it. If there is one. The absolute earliest I can open the server off my desktop is sometime next week, around Wednesday.

Though for those of you looking for headsets:
    Screw Logitech.

Edit: Lo and behold a quick type of "Router" into the address bar brings up the familiar Belkin router interface. Yay.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Does this mean I can connect provided an IP Address?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Are you still interested in owning Tartaran engineered ships?

Reaction score
    In-Game Name: laptopbible
    Civilian, Captain, or Pilot: either a civilian ship builder or pilot
    Have TeamSpeak 3?: yes
    Have a Mic?: yes
    Strengths: building, creativity, making ships work
    Weaknesses: actually fighting
    Online Activity: have a computer and always on it
    Timezone: Eastern Time Zone
    Current or Previous factions: N/A
    Short Introductory Paragraph: I've played since this game was free on it's first website and as its changed i stopped playing for awhile; figured i'd pick it back up now that its been updated and see if i could find a good group to be with.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    In-Game Name: laptopbible
    Civilian, Captain, or Pilot: either a civilian ship builder or pilot
    Have TeamSpeak 3?: yes
    Have a Mic?: yes
    Strengths: building, creativity, making ships work
    Weaknesses: actually fighting
    Online Activity: have a computer and always on it
    Timezone: Eastern Time Zone
    Current or Previous factions: N/A
    Short Introductory Paragraph: I've played since this game was free on it's first website and as its changed i stopped playing for awhile; figured i'd pick it back up now that its been updated and see if i could find a good group to be with.
    Oh hey! Hi! Yeah, sure, welcome aboard. Adenia's a bit disorganized right now, i'm still fixing things up both in real life and for the server. In a few days things should pick back up again though, don't worry. I apologize to everyone for my absence.