The ability to link a camera to a weapon computer

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like the ability to link a specific camera to a specific weapon computer.

Purpose: temporary change of view for vanity and entertainment

What could happen: When the weapon fires, the viewpoint instantly changes to the linked camera for about half-a-second, after which, the player's view instantly changes back to the original view prior to firing. This would allow the player a special temporary view, depending on where they placed the camera, just for the fun of it. Rapid-fire (where the weapon cycles for any amount of time less than the half-second delay) would keep the secondary camera active as long as the weapon is firing. It would just be a lot of fun and take advantage of existing mechanics. Because it's a linking thing, it's entirely voluntary.

I'm sure plenty of people would say "why bother"or that you can just manually switch to that camera or that it could be exploited in some way, but I think it would add extra fun to the game with a minimum of fuss.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It'd certainly be cool to switch to a camera a bit above and behind my vertical launch missiles when I fire them. Support.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was about to propose this, hence why i am necroing this thread.

Linking a camera to a weapon, would make stationary mounts much more convenient. instead of switching from camera to camera, we can just select the weapon computer on the hot bar, and then fire the gun.

that way we can aim our forward mounted death rays much faster, rather then cycle through all the damn cameras on the ship.