Textures Issue

Reaction score
    Now I'm pretty sure this was my fault by hitting the wrong keys at the wrong time or something but I can't seem to fix it back to the way it used to be. Basically 1 face of most of my blocks is tilted at 45 degrees, it's hard to describe further than that so I'll just post a screenshot:

Starmade Error.png

Please could one of you helpful Starmade players let me know how to make the blocks look normal again?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Now I'm pretty sure this was my fault by hitting the wrong keys at the wrong time or something but I can't seem to fix it back to the way it used to be. Basically 1 face of most of my blocks is tilted at 45 degrees, it's hard to describe further than that so I'll just post a screenshot:

View attachment 40614

Please could one of you helpful Starmade players let me know how to make the blocks look normal again?
    Whoah, that's... odd!
    Maybe mention this in Kupu's thread? He's the game's texture developer.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Funny looks like Wedge Lights are in the game after all!

Use the repair installation option in the StarMade Launcher. Maybe that will cure it.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

View attachment 40614

You're correct, accidentally hitting a debug command will cause this.
    I would recommened trying the Repair tool in the launcher first.

1 - Click the build version option cog.
    2 - Click "Select Last Used". This syncs the repair to your current version.
    3 - Click "Download Selected Build Version". This will check for any files that don't match a vanilla install and replace them.

3B - Please back up your installation before doing this, just incase.
    If the above method doesn't find the problem, you can "Force Download ALL & Overwrite". This won't remove blueprints, but if you have custom textures, configs, skins and settings it will remove them and replace with defaults.

For those wanting to do this manually to avoid potential overwrites in custom installations, follow the short guide here:
    First backup your installation in case something goes wrong (it shouldn't).
    The following files can be replaced with fresh versions from a fresh build of the same version.

In the folder StarMade/data/config
    vertexInfo.properties

In the folder StarMade/data/textures
    texOrderNormal.config
    texOrderPointToOrientation.config

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Skyemelia
    Reaction score
    It's all fixed now thanks, hopefully I won't press the debug command accidentally again but if I do I know how to fix it at least.
    :notworthy:(y):)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    It's all fixed now thanks, hopefully I won't press the debug command accidentally again but if I do I know how to fix it at least.
    :notworthy:(y):)
    Glad we got that fixed for you. I'll look at getting that command hotkey swapped with something less likely to get pressed by accident. :)

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I gotta re-download to fix this? That's... annoying. Internet costs a lot of money for us in Tassie, generally speaking (unless yer one of the lucky ones on NBN already ... which I aint).

Sigh... commence backup procedures....

EDIT > Is it possible for someone that has a correct version of these files:

In the folder StarMade/data/config
    vertexInfo.properties

In the folder StarMade/data/textures
    texOrderNormal.config
    texOrderPointToOrientation.config

... can you please upload them as an attachment to save me having to use literally a third of my month's quota of internet downloading the entire game again?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Is it possible for someone that has a correct version of these files
    Sure here you go. These are from version 0.199.472 the current latest release. Be sure to say what version you want when asking this. Since we got Dev. Pre. Latest and what not type of builds.

I had to add a .zip extension to these files in order to upload them to this post!

Remove the .zip part of the file name. They are not zipped!

Attachments

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ow thank you so much I'll download and install these tomorrow when I have some me time

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I gotta re-download to fix this? That's... annoying. Internet costs a lot of money for us in Tassie, generally speaking (unless yer one of the lucky ones on NBN already ... which I aint).
    Understandable, thanks Batavium for providing those. For others in a similar situation (or in future cases Drybreeze ), the launcher repair feature in Step 3 of that chart
    will check for any files that don't match a vanilla install and replace them.
    It doesn't redownload the entire game, that is reserved for the more thorough "Force download and overwrite" feature.

You should in theory be downloading no more through the initial repair feature than you just have by batvium. :)

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    As an alternative:
    Delete the starmade.jar in your installation and use the download normal buttons (Green box from the screen shot of kupu)
    It will "just" download a single file and fix it.

- Andy

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yep replacing those files worked, thank you very much for your help gents