Tethys Galaxy [Custom Spawn][Upgraded Pirates][Storyline/RP][Structured Faction PVP]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Tired of cataCLOGs? Need something to fight other than powerplayers and pirate isanths? Does the shaft of the spawn shop offend your eyes and feel...stale? Come play! Blueprints all IN SERVER creations and approved by admins! Pirates are a REAL threat until you have a competent ship. Freeport is a trading and social mecca like no other spawn!

Vote Here: http://starmade-servers.com/server/445/

New Server Address: tethys.thesmelter.com:25653

New Server Stats: Quad Xeon CPU, 2gb (currently) DDR3 ECC RAM, SSD RAID drive, 1Gbit uplink, North america server location
    New Server Settings:
    NO whitelist
    NO blueprint spam
    55k starting cash
    100 top speed
    VERY slightly lowered loot
    Protected spawn AND surrounding sectors
    Upgraded Pirates
    Structured Faction system
    Storyline RP available but not enforced

This post will be enlarged as I work on it. Also, any input is appreciated. Id love do do it myself, but I'm doing it FOR you all. If you want to see something implemented (that is possible) Ill consider it. If you want to apply for a position as a builder or admin, Ill require you to come over and register on the website, and have a few days in game.

Those who have played on the Tethyscraft server know what was started there, and know my style. Here is what is next:

The catalog system remains as it is, any ship with enough style and efficiency may be considered for entry into the catalog by request. When building ships you want saved, think about how you want us to use them. Should they be on the open market? Only available to a certain faction? Or even only in the hands of the pirates!

Freeport is the first destination for aspiring pilots in the Tethys Galaxy. A collection of hulls discarded and bolted together around four larger asteroids in a central sector. The Freeport stations are none the less well maintained, run by one Admiral Johan Freeport (retired) of the GFS. While his history is with the federation, by mutual treaty even the Rim Clans respect Freeport Space. The Reavers stay far away in most cases, any attempt to come in is generally met with the force of every other government in the galaxy as they congregate around this trading mecca.

Factions must be vetted and accepted by the admins into one of three categories. This process can take up to a week depending on the current balance of the server. To start a faction you must gather 1 or more people besides yourself. Any factions with less than this will be removed after a week if they do not approach an admin about being vetted. If you DO approach an admin with less than the required amount, you will be given a grace period and help with recruiting.

Galactic Federation of Sentients
    A benevolent republic of many governments working together to keep peace in the galaxy. All factions in this group start out allied with eachother.

Independent Rim Clans
    Far flung and independent worlds, stations, and clans, with no strong ties to any other. All factions in this group start neutral with all others. Generally found 20 or more sectors from Freeport.

Reavers
    Even further flung raiders, slavers, pirates, and occasionally cannibals, distrusted and/or hated by the rest of the galaxy. All factions in this group are at war with everyone else. Reavers will be set out around 50 sectors from Freeport. They may not claim inside that radius, but are free to raid.

Some basic rules:
    1) PVP is allowed, if your ship is not docked to a home base or in a protected sector, you'll likely come back to wreckage or an empty spot, or get in a fight of course.
    2) None of this pushing ships out of protected sectors, they're protected for a reason. If its seen or heard of there will be repercussions. Ships NOT in protected sectors already are completely fair game even if unmanned.
    3) Be decent: excessive swearing, any spamming, plugging other servers, or generally being someone who is going to push other players away from the server will get admins on your butt.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Awesome. all these changes sound pretty cool. I have a couple of questions:

I have some ships that I would like to bring in from the old server, I have them saved in my Personal catalog. How can I retrieve those?

Also, will there still be a Ragnorak Inc?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Everyone from the old server should save their most precious ship to their local catalog. I will spawn it in for them once on the new server. This will be a one time deal though. The ship, unless scratch built by you and passing inspection, will not stay in the catalog. There *may* be a Ragnarok Incorporated, I do not think I will be running it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Tired of cataCLOGs? Need something to fight other than powerplayers and pirate isanths? Does the shaft of the spawn shop offend your eyes and feel...stale? Come play! Blueprints all IN SERVER creations and approved by admins! Pirates are a REAL threat until you have a competent ship. Freeport is a trading and social mecca like no other spawn!

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Freeport is actually pretty damn cool. It makes a great spawn.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So many new players have graced our server! Those who are new and those who are old have been doing amazing things to add to the ambiance and character of our galaxy.

Some recent news: Several individual reavers and at least one reaver clan have become active, at least one of which fields a small dreadnaught, watch your butts! The safe and public docking pads surrounding Freeport station have started construction by Freeport command staff. The Freeport defense ship, from the Sword model line, Gladius, has had her hull laid in the shipyard near the new docking pads. The Battleship Tyranid is an ambitious project which should be watched closely! Ragnarok Incorporated has publicized the location of its new headquarters on the planet Valhalla.

Continue to watch the news for more updates HERE

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really great server Just needs more people. The new pirates are challenging and the rewards are worth it. Very attentive staff are on almost all the time. Id really like to see what happenes as the server progresses.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah, it\'s a new server. but we aren\'t really that spread out, and we should have a high population density soon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It has been 12 days since launch. We have had 146 unique log ins, 25 of which are now registered on the server website. Our starmade-servers.com list rank is 26th currently. 11th in the US! Average of 6 players on concurrently, 10+ at peak and as high so far as 16. There are still many issues to be worked on. MOST of these issues are entirely in Schemas capable hands. EVERYTHING else that can be worked on, I am doing so. Auto restart and update functionality is the current task on my plate, besides of course doing finishing work on the website, plugging us on the forums, keeping the server running while I am awake, etc.

A couple recent images for your viewing pleasure:

A view from the fighter launch control tower in my carrier (before this work was lost)

ofuukthis\'s first ship after a manhunt search and retribution attack. He has since rebuilt and seems to want to sue for peace.

If you haven\'t seen it, Testo\'s Factory Shop in 3 -3 3 is open and cheap...just like I like them.

The battlestar tyranid is complete, and while large is not a monster, nor does it crash the server unless there is a collision issue.

There IS docking space at several spots around Freeport now, use it. Undocked ships in Freeport space are still at risk even with the no nudge rule. We will add more docking space as time goes on. I would also ask that if you DO park in Freeport space you actually PARK, using the \'c\' key to align to the plane of the sector, making it look less like a ship graveyard.

The rollback was about 5 hours of time last night and 9 today. Apologies are in order for sanities sake, but while I will endeavor to keep it from happening again, there are NO guarantees. I feel for those who have lost valuable hours, so did I.

Groups are active on the site now. You may create a group for your faction and it will automatically add a PRIVATE FORUM for your faction. If you need help doing this, just ask me and I will either walk you through it or create it for you.

My time, such as it is, is valuable to me. I have two kids and a wife to feed and house. I have done work for this server and website now that if I were being paid for it would have racked me up several grand. I am not losing money on the proposition so far because of the kind donations we have already received (all but one from admins). Id like to keep it that way. To steal from my favorite LPer, \"Fly safe!\" ~Lid

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Tyr University now open to all those who seek knowledge at 12,-6,-12.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    An attack oocured on Supernova shipyard, destroying many ships in a disaster the scale of which not seen since The Emris War. Many good ships were destroyed and men killed.

However, the criminal behind the attack has been brought the justice and executed, courtesty of Ragnorak Inc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So, it has been four days since my last news post. SHAME! Ahh well, c\'est la vie. Recently it was heard that the most feared reaver in the galaxy thought to contract a shipyard or wright to assemble a prototype turret to compliment an as yet unseen warship. This alone should cause pause, or a nervous giggle in some. Many new pilots have come off the licencing conveyor at Freeport Station, welcome them to the Tethys galaxy with all due honor.

Some problems have been reported and resolved, while others still hang over our head. Both I and the host are working as able to bring some semblance of functionality to the servers script side. Crashes, while they have happened, have been infrequent at worst, and our run time has stretched over and past 24 hours twice now (since last posting). I will endeavor to keep and expand on this record.

The ship Battlestar Tyranid after a run in with in-system security was seen fleeing towards and possible through rim space to furhter reaches.

The unclassified as yet Akula, a creation of Master Shipwright Orphaniel of Supernova Shipyards. Seen from the observation deck of the also unfinished Heimdal Command Carrier:

A more unobstructed view:

A Fury XL Pilot observing interesting missile activity:

That is about all for this news brief, as it is late and I am weary.

PS: Note the improved \"Media\" page and gallery! Submit pictures to [email protected]! Don\'t forget to vote with the button on the right sidebar and donate if you can!

Have fun, fly safe!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Greetings Denizens of Tethys Galaxy!

Supernova Shipyard is damned proud to present the first of hopefully many Mass-production oriented ships. The Sevastopol Destroyer has been my little project over the last few days, and the files are now loaded into the Molecular Forge, allowing for quick and easy deployment for large orders or those not seeking the considerable extra cost of a custom-designed ship.

Please be aware that any ships purchased from Supernova Shipyard are subject to the EULA found HERE

~~~~~
    Sevastopol class
    The Sevastopol class offers a well armed, heavily protected and attractive option that sits at a comfortable middle-ground. It features a sloped, armored hull, form fitting turret batteries and distinctive solar sails.

Price:80\'000\'000 credits

Mass: 4000
    Length: 126m
    Width: 72m
    Height: 35m
    Thrust: 3000
    Shields: 190\'000 (5000/s)
    Power: 55\'000 (125\'000/s)
    Main Armament: 4x Heavy AMCs, 2x Homing Missile Batteries, 2x Torpedo Batteries
    Turrets: 4x Upper 2x Lower
    Docking bays: 1x Medium shuttle bay

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Video introduction of a recent development in the Tethys Galaxy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFGy1k_SKSk

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Both. There are upgraded AI pirates, as well as player \'Reavers\' that have free reign out past a certain sector.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Author: Avatarjonas

The highly prestigious Anacoana Yaya home base shipyard was completed this week, and lies far from the protective boundaries of Freeport. Nevertheless, it is offering public free membership to any and all who wish to join.

For those who have yet to partake in it, we are indeed having a role play event on Tethys. The URL is here, as I have little else to say on the matter: http://stablecomputersolutions.com/tethys/forums/topic/rp-storyline-ancient-enemy-2/

A rather industrious and wealthy faction was created and built in the last week, and it is known as Czerka Corporation. It represents wealth, power and exploitation of resources, and is at odds with many conservation and environmental groups present in Tethys. Perhaps a great war will develop? Riches for all? Or, a great diplomatic event will ascend the galaxy into a plane of wealth and an absolute lack of poverty?

In further news, the great battlestar Tyranid no longer exists. Instead it has been replaced by a new, darker, and more powerful ship the likes of which has yet to be rivaled. Any attempts to obtain useful information of the new ship have proven useless; however, several photographs were uploaded to the Tethys Holonet before the source was obliterated-

Additionally, an attack upon the great Reaver mother cube ship proved to be successful in destroying it, only to be cut down before fleeing by the great Reaver Titan parked and on defensive mode nearby.

Tethys is currently ranked as the 18th best server in the world, with 10-20 players on everyday, more so on weekends. We have a rather prestigious uptime of 94% of the day, and reset the server daily (only momentarily) to reset bugs and cleanse the server of problems. As always, we have an amazing staff of admins that spend over 10 hours each week ensuring the server is stable and no rules are being broken. Our ip address is tethys.thesmelter.com:25653 and we look forward to entertaining you and enjoying your company!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so i treid to et on and it keeps giving me the eof exeption does that mean the server is down or what

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Happens occasionally. Best way to contact admins is on our website though.