Term 2 Council Applications Now Open!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Apply here!

Greetings Citizens,

Applications for the second term of the Council of Intergalactic Representatives are now open! We do not currently have a set date for applications closing, but they will not be closed before the 19th of July 11:59 PM UTC. We will send out an announcement with this information as soon as possible (election dates will also be announced at this time).

What is the Council?

The Council is a community elected group of 7 individuals, who seek opinions from the community on ideas/suggestions, issues and concerns. The council presents all this data and opinion to the dev team to better understand what our users want for StarMade and have the benefit of different perspectives on various features/topics. The council has a bunch of other tasks and projects they work on, you can find out more information on the council info page and on the original council announcement thread.

Changes to note from the last term:
    • Council Terms will now be 4 months, after much consideration we've decided that 6 months is far too long, 4 months will mean 3 elections per year. This figure may change in the future.
    • Applications no longer require users to meet forum requirements, for example the 20 posts requirement in the previous term. This is because we want to expand the Council to reach other communities such as Steam and Reddit.
    • Restrictions on number of preferences for voting have been removed.
    Thanks for playing StarMade, and fly safe!

- Schine Team

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I hope some of the current crew will have strength for another term - I have no problem saying I didn't vote for some of them, but quite a few shown an effort and done decent job.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Nah dude they all suck, especially that comr4de guy I hope they ban him

I hope to see some new faces in the running*, especially from the Steam and Reddit sides of things.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    The current councilors have done a great job bringing forth feedback from the community. I encourage all of them to run again.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Nah dude they all suck, especially that comr4de guy I hope they ban him

I hope to see some new faces in the running*, especially from the Steam and Reddit sides of things.
    He's not nearly as bad as this keptick guy though, now THAT guy should get banned!

Good luck to anyone applying!

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    DukeofRealms I've noticed that the note under the question "How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week?" hasn't been updated to reflect the new term length. It states a 6 month term.