Temporary fix for Intel driver issue at 100% load

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had an error when stamade was loading with the frgment shader, it stopped at 100% and told me some debug info, and said I should update my graphics drivers, because my card was intel. The update did not work, so I messed around with the fragment shaders until I eliminated the problem, with the unfortunate side-effect of eliminating block textures from the game.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

You can find my fix here, https://gist.github.com/analogbit/6372917 simply paste the file into //data/shader/cube/quads13/cubeTArray.fsh replacing the original file.

I would suggest keeping a copy of the original, somewhere else, just in case.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m testing this now, funny colors but seems to work. I offer up my virgin ass to you sir if it keeps working.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank very much for this fix :)
    I hope they will fix this bug for the next update.

Reaction score
    My god, you are a genius. If this happens again next update, will you be there to clean up again?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I take thy hat of to this gentleman (although i dont own a hat... maybe ill fire my missles at a meteorite 21 times...)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It dosn\'t work and it makes me mad! I know it\'s not your fault but if someone has another fix I would be eternally greatful.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have a solution that may work for some people having trouble with a JVM crash at the loading screen. if you run in administrator mode it seems to work fine

Reaction score
    Did you ever try downloading 64 bit Java (only if you have 64 bit windows)? You can have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed.

That was my fix.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How do I download it? I cant seem to open the fsh file, so I\'m trying to download it instead

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    post this in a thread that is not even about this bug?

@thread
    I do not know, this fix may work again, since it was for an older version of the game.
    So please make sure you have a backup of the original file.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had an error when stamade was loading with the frgment shader, it stopped at 100% and told me some debug info, and said I should update my graphics drivers, because my card was intel. The update did not work, so I messed around with the fragment shaders until I eliminated the problem, with the unfortunate side-effect of eliminating block textures from the game.