Templates on Building Hotbar

Should there be a hotbar/inventory for templates?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Place every block by hand, scrub.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Is it a feature I am missing, or is it possible to load several Templates unto a hotbar and then select them quickly without having to *unclick* Paste *click* load template, scroll through with no sorting options *load* and repeat? Maybe also have a 'template inventory' with a thumbnail image where you could drag the template to the hotbar?

If we had a 'template hotbar' to save our peices to connect to, it would make building a real snap.

Pun intended.

Reaction score
    To flesh this idea out:

A tab within the Inventory, next to cargo, or Creative that has the word "Templates". Similar to how clicking the Creative tab loads up a seperate hotbar, clicking the Templates tab should load up a blank hotbar. The Templates inventory page would allow you to drag down thumbnail images of the templates that are saved from that server, or uploaded upon startup. Selecting the template from the hotbar would accomplish the same thing as hitting the 'load' button and 'paste' from the side.

It would be a GUI improvement but may require some work on the back end, as it would require templates to function similarly to how blocks function in regard to the inventory and hotbar.

Is there any reason not to do this?

Reactions: Nickizzy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like this idea. You could just add it to the end of the existing inventory in a separate box. That way you can switch between creative mode and back without any major effect to the way things operate.

Reactions: Nickizzy
    Reaction score
    I like this idea. You could just add it to the end of the existing inventory in a separate box. That way you can switch between creative mode and back without any major effect to the way things operate.
    Agreed, but I would add that it may function differently in creative and in survival Mode. I would like to think if you have the creative mode open, then it would be enabled easily. If you were in survival, not having all of the elements of a certain template open should then show some sort of 'error' or incomplete.

Some similar way to spawn in ships/turrets would be good for the same reason.