Teleporting after leaving ship above Planets

Reaction score
    Every once in a while I used to leave my ship above a planet only to find myself teleported back to the planets surface. It's now happening every time I leave a ship on my factions homeworld.
    I keep building more ships to get the other ships down to the surface only to lose them in the process.
    Does anyone else even get this bug? I'm usually entering the ship from the surface, if that matters.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thank you for your report.

The bug is already known and will be fixed soon

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve gotten it as well, though after activating a gravity generator while down on the planet. To reset yourself, jump off of the planet\'s side. It will occur again once you return to the planet\'s surface.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Should be fixed now. Please confirm if it works

Reaction score
    I did not test too long but I undocked a fighter from my carrier in space, above the planet, and flew down to the surface. The fighter immediatly fell through the planet.
    When I undocked a ship from a dock planetside and went to retrieve the previously mentioned fighter I teleported back to the dock when exiting the ship underneath the planet.
    So it looks like neither of those bugs were fixed. Thanks for trying so quickly though. It\'s cool to see you really care about Starmade.

On a related note I really like the brighter lights!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Allright! I managed to reproduce both bugs. That\'s great news, and also confirms my suspicion: most of the physics glitches (falling though planets, getting pulled into stations on collisions, wrong exit positions) experienced are due the docking physics extension acting up.
    Now that I finally have a way to reproduce it, I can fix it :D

Reaction score
    I noticed in the patch notes this was mentioned as being fixed, and I can confirm it has been. The falling through planets I\'ve witnessed a few times since the update, as well as intangible ships, (as of 0.0927. Have not tried 0.09271, though further information on the matter was not mentioned.) but the teleporting on exit of spacecraft has been fixed! This is great news as I like to create planet bases and space stations to dock to.

Your dedication to Starmade still amazes me. Keep up the great work.

P.S. I just noticed the other wedge shapes missing the other day so I\'m glad to see they were just added! Cheers!