Recognized Teleporter Send Small Amounts of Cargo

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Have an option to transfer a very small amount of cargo through teleporters. A player loads some items below a certain volume into their teleporter and select a target teleporter. Both teleporters must be public.

Have one button to send the cargo to the other teleporter if it has enough storage space. Have another button that opens a menu where you can select an item(s) and the amount to be received in return. The cargo will only be transferred if the other teleporter has the exact same same options selected.

This way, one does not have to meet unknown players face to face in astronaut mode and drop item into space to trade with them. If the player is trolling you, then they won't get your items and have time to run with them. This would probably only be useful very rarely, but it would be a nice extra layer of protection for players trading with others.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So kinda like the to-be-used (hopefully?) trade feature we have a widget for in the top-right corner of the screen, but for transporters? I don't see why not, if it can transport a suit and a human (or alien) then why couldn't it transport items too? You could set up some neat-o mobile shops with trading posts inside!

And if someone keeps asking for a better deal, send some flesh-eating creature through the transporter...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So how would someone pick up the cargo on the other end?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sounds like transporter computers would have a small inventory or something, I guess.
    Could link the Transporter to a storage for this kind of feature as well. That way all it needs to hold is the data of what's being sent, sort of like how rails let you send things cross entity for dropping off and picking up cargo.

Reaction score
    I'd say that you slave the transporter to a storage (Transporter as master, to follow the rails' pattern) in order to give it the ability to transfer and receive cargo.

Allow larger amounts as well, based on number of transporter modules there are. So a large-scale cargo-elevator-sized transporter can move more cargo at a time.

Also simplifies mining drone---station dropoff, assuming you have a large enough transporter.

But what I really agree with is the flesh-eating-creature transporting bit. "I've been collecting rathtars, and I WILL send them after you!"

Reactions: ltmauve

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Seems like a good idea. There are plans for ship to ship interactions such as hailing, and consensual dueling. This fits in with that.