TCDF fleet page

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    CDS Chrysaetos is up, everyone!
    The CDS Chrysaetos is a multirole/assault cruiser. Unlike the dedicated assault Merlin, the Chrysaetos is capable of punching a significant portion of its weight. It can be sent in to clear out enemy frigates before beginning an assault on an enemy base with either missiles or troops. It can also carry a small fighter wing, has reasonable cargo space, and can perform well in any situation. However, it is primarily designed around erasing enemy bases from reality or supporting troops during operations inside those bases.

It carries 32 flak drones, 6 torpedoes or assault shuttles, 56 standard turrets, 4 long-range beam turrets, 4 point defense autoguns, and 7 midsized turrets. For onboard weaponry, it has 4 cascading nuclear missile tubes, a semi-phased siege laser, a small cutting beam, a nanotech retrival beam, counterkinetic cannons, rapidfire missile arrays, long range VLSMs, and a heatseeker dispersal system.

Many of the innovations in the Chrysaetos' design are being applied to second-generation Merlin frigates. These include the nanotech retrival beam, which can remove walls, doors, and other obstacles to troops in a base without the chance to kill the troops. (Or course, a faction field disables this. That is why a regular cutting beam has been added, as well.)

One of the two main hangers.

Secondary hanger

Cargo bay

One of the two medbays

Main bridge

One of the two secondary bridges

Reactor control

Tests revealed that the cascading missiles were more effective than cobalt-enhanced missiles. Also, they revealed that a planet's gravity remains constant until it abruptly disappears

Intimidation shot

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Yeah, but the wings are thick in the z-axis. Given that an actual spaceship would accelerate along its length, with lateral thrusters on all the bodies, it isn't too bad.

And there's nothing you see that I can improve?
    The back wings would look awesome if the tail was connected P-38 Lighting style.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The back wings would look awesome if the tail was connected P-38 Lighting style.
    Hmmm....
    The tailwings probably could stand some improvement, both in detailing and in overall shape. The problem with the crossbar is that the wing is really thick, because otherwise it becomes insignificant. If I make the wing all the way across, my instincts tell me it should be bent up a bit, which won't work very well with the thickness. I'll consider this.

Reaction score
    Yeah, but the wings are thick in the z-axis. Given that an actual spaceship would accelerate along its length, with lateral thrusters on all the bodies, it isn't too bad.

And there's nothing you see that I can improve?
    If you increase the size of the center part of it you could fit more stuff it and it would look better i think, otherwise the engines will be bigger than the main part of the ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys, I'm still alive. I've mainly been playing serverside with the recent, so not much building being done. However, I have redone the tail.
    Lemme give you a sneak peek.

I've decided to redo the wings. They don't need to be thicker, but they need to be less flat

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen

WIP of the outer wing in progress, I'm liking this version a lot more than the old ones. I think I'm almost done with the outer wings, then it's time for me to do the inner wings and find something else that I need to work on for this >_<

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, does anyone remember when I relased this as "finished?" Because I'm going to be changing a lot more before I release this.

So here's the partly redone center pod. Still a fair amount of detailing and logic to do. Also need to do the inner wings, hallways, middle pod exteriors, ...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Progress report, guys!
    I've finished the tail section, and redone the hallways, and almost completely rebuilt the central pod. That and the inner wings are the only things I think I still need to do. (I think the front inner wings are fine as just plain grey armor)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guess what's coming? Another ship!

And I've already got it 95% done.

Yeah and then there are a few refits and I'll be finished with my current ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm never going to be done with my ships. Got a couple of pictures for you guys.

Changed up the small hangers and they are super pretty now and all logiced up. (I did swap out the docking modules for rails but didn't grab a picture then.)

Also if any of you are interested in making AMS I have a challenge for you heh heh heh

On a different note, are any of you very good with logic? I want to do something cool with the main hangers, but I'm not sure how.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm never going to be done with my ships. Got a couple of pictures for you guys.

Changed up the small hangers and they are super pretty now and all logiced up. (I did swap out the docking modules for rails but didn't grab a picture then.)

Also if any of you are interested in making AMS I have a challenge for you heh heh heh

On a different note, are any of you very good with logic? I want to do something cool with the main hangers, but I'm not sure how.
    I'm pretty decent at logic, been messing around with it a whole lot lately.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem is how to stack a bunch of ships in the main hanger. I have a bunch of long rails, and I want to be able to set it up so I can put a bunch in (and get them to stop without needing to have them colide) and thenback them out one at a time. It's a tall order.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem is how to stack a bunch of ships in the main hanger. I have a bunch of long rails, and I want to be able to set it up so I can put a bunch in (and get them to stop without needing to have them colide) and thenback them out one at a time. It's a tall order.
    Shouldn't be too difficult, just fairly time consuming.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    yep ^ would be consuming and possibly take up quite a bit of space. i have an idea how i would do it though. I would just have to experiment with that concept.