Tau Ceti Shipyards - Star Trek builds

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Original post updated with a couple of ENT era cargo ships I've been working on over the last couple of days. I did some researching today and found around 120(!) additional ships designs I'd like to build. Brings my list to maybe around 300 so far? :confused: Might have to start slimming down the list a bit!

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Dude you are insane. No idea how you pump out so many ships, but those cargo ships look sweet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I can not wait to see more ships from you they are all really good.After i finish my current project i may work on one of yours since they are all so good please keep on making them.

Reactions: uberadiant
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I love that you have uploaded some of the starbases bo you have any plans to upload the Akula class destroyer because it would serve as a great fast attack ship or policing cruiser so if you could please upload some more of these since they are some really great ships.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes of course! I'll upload the Akula for you tomorrow. I haven't been too active in Starmade for the last month or so as the build helper bug put a stop to a lot of my work but I'll be getting back into it in the next couple of weeks. I did manage to get the structure of a Suurok class Vulcan ship finished though, I'll upload a pic of that tomorrow too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Quick WIP pic of an ENT era starbase I'm currently working on, with the TOS starbase for comparison. Hopefully you can see the design lineage between the two and there will be another starbase built to bridge the gap between the eras. In the far background to the left you can see an ENT era commercial station, designed to look a little like a big satellite (the logic here being that it was originally designed as a refueling station for cargo ships around 40 to 50 years before the NX-01 time and retrofitted to become a commercial outpost following an increase in civilian and military traffic. NX class beside it for scale, the commerce station is around 300m long).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    WIP pics of an Ambassador Class. No hull detailing or wedging yet.

I've also been working on a whole slew of pre-TOS era builds. WIP pics of pre-TOS outpost, station and starbase. A load of pre-TOS ships in the background.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Any news on when the ENT era ships will be released? I've been looking forward to seeing them in action :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't plan on adding decks or systems until some more features of the game are added (specifically crew quarters, movable cores etc.) however if you want the shells let me know and I'll happily upload them!

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I don't plan on adding decks or systems until some more features of the game are added (specifically crew quarters, movable cores etc.) however if you want the shells let me know and I'll happily upload them!
    Please do, make a big pack of them all, I NEED THEM IN MY LIFE NAO

please

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I have no idea how to get ship designs from other players BUT I WANT THAT REFIT CONSTITUTION YESTERDAY!!!!!1!1!!11!11@11@eleven!!!1

Reaction score
    This is very very awesome. Seeing all the work you've done here makes me glad I switched from Star Trek ships to other universes! Really love the pre-TOS ships. Any plans to go even further back to the earlier Star Fleet Museum era designs?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Some nice shots of the two Excelsior variants completed tonight.

This one has been a labour of love. I originally completed the Excelsior a few months ago but I was really unhappy with the lower part of the hull. Compound curves are hard...

After much trial and error I ended up importing a high quality 3d model made by Michael Wiley for Bridge Commander (so credit to him for that!). I then deleted the lower hull on my model and pasted the same area from his model onto mine. Amazingly it fit almost perfectly!