Tau Ceti Shipyards - Star Trek builds

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey!

I've been working on some Star Trek builds for a while now and a couple of you may have seen a TOS-style shipyard I posted a few months back. I've been quite busy since then and now have a decent number of ships to show. Note that none of these ships are functional yet and are just shells.

Whilst I'm building these ships for fun there is a purpose behind it, with the intention of one day hosting a purely Star Trek RP style server for anyone who is interested.

If anyone wants to see more I've started a blog to show my progress with the builds. there isn't much there at the moment and is mostly me babbling about myself right now but check back regularly for updates. I'll also post some builds here for anyone who wants to see them.

Feedback is always appreciated!

EDIT 31/05/2016

WIP shots of a Vulcan Suurok Class cruiser. I decided to take a little break from Fed ships and make this one when I was bored one day. Still unfinished and needs wedges and detailing but superstructure is mostly complete.

Suurok Class

EDIT 02/05/16

A couple of ENT era cargo ships added. Both need some final detailing but are largely complete. The J Class features a detatchable cargo train, and the Y Class has 8 separate detatchable cargo pods.

J Class

Y Class

Akula Class

Archer Class

TOS outpost

Regula station

TMP shipyard

Constituion Refit

K7 station (4 arms instead of 3 to better fit axes)

Miranda Refit

Neptune Class

NX Class

Oberth Class

Ptolemy Class

Type 6 starbase

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Very great and clean. I kinda wish the Constitution refit had received a big brown radar dish (deflector dish) instead of the glowing dish, but that's just the steampunk in me. Speaking of going old-school, any chance of an original TOS Constitution? I can understand you holding that back to make that your own personal flagship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    will any of these be released to public since they are really good (my personal favorites being the Akula class and the ptolemy) good job on all of them i am currently working on a one to one scale nebula class so i know how cool star trek ships are all i can say is well done and i would love to see more.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well they're currently just shells and the cores are in quite vulnerable positions (just behind the bridge space) so you would have to kit them out yourself but sure if there's interest I can upload some of them :)

Reactions: J05H912
    Reaction score
    I would REALLY like some of these ships. I am actually Extremely bad at making anything look good :p

Reactions: uberadiant
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    yeah please upload some like the Akula class and the Ptolemy Class class i have just finished my 1 to 1 scale nebula class (still doing a bit of work on the interior) and i am looking for a new project and the Akula class i have basically never seen i've only heard stories about it
    link to my nebula class if you have any ideas for what to add Nebula class starship 1:1 now complete

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I need these in my life. NOW. Especially the Regula Station, which I've been itching to find a SM version of. And I've never seen SM versions of the Neptune-class or the Ptolemy-class tug, so good job replicating those.

Out of curiosity, could you provide the dimensions of the stations?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks for the positive comments! I wasn't planning on uploading any just yet since they're only shells and could still do with some tweaking but if there are specific ones anyone wants then let me know and I'll polish them up and submit them. There are a few more ships on my blog and I'll post them here too for anyone who is interested. They are all Enterprise, TOS or TMP ships as I've started at the beginning working foward.

Out of curiosity, could you provide the dimensions of the stations?
    Off the top of my head the Regula is 185m high and 136m at its widest point. The Type 6 is around 600m high, possibly more? The K7 is maybe around 200m high and 600m wide. I could be completely wrong on all counts though! I'll check for sure later today :)

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks for the positive comments! I wasn't planning on uploading any just yet since they're only shells and could still do with some tweaking but if there are specific ones anyone wants then let me know and I'll polish them up and submit them. There are a few more ships on my blog and I'll post them here too for anyone who is interested. They are all Enterprise, TOS or TMP ships as I've started at the beginning working foward.

Off the top of my head the Regula is 185m high and 136m at its widest point. The Type 6 is around 600m high, possibly more? The K7 is maybe around 200m high and 600m wide. I could be completely wrong on all counts though! I'll check for sure later today :)
    The ships are really good the ones i would personally would like to try messing with would be the Akula class and the ptolemy class becuase i have not seen many of these ships and they could be really cool .

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I kinda wish the Constitution refit had received a big brown radar dish (deflector dish) instead of the glowing dish, but that's just the steampunk in me.
    Like this version from the fan series Star Trek Phase II?

Actually this'd be pretty nice to see tbh, it'd make a nice stepping stone from the TOS to the TMP eras.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Only Trek Ship I ever liked was the NX-01

You did it justice it seems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas :D

Btw, are you doing any other species' ships any time soon? (Klingons, Romulans, Dominion, etc)
    I've made a Klingon D7 and Romulan Bird of Prey (complete with bird design) already but they're unfinished and quite old and need re-done with proper corners etc. Eventually I'll be making all canon and many non-canon ships for every major race along with several minor race ships such as Kazon raiders, Gorn and orion ships etc.

Romulan BoP

Klingon D7

Only Trek Ship I ever liked was the NX-01

You did it justice it seems.
    Thank you very much :) I've also built the NX refit type with secondary hull -

NX Refit

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Klingon D7

I don't remember the D7 having an engine like that, regardless the hull itself is pretty nice.

It's good that you're doing non-Federation stuff too, shows that the universe isn't just dominated by Starfleet.

One more question (you're probably hating me by now for this :P ) : Are you doing ships from Star Trek Online, and if so, which ones do you plan to do?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I've based the engines off of the TOS-remastered model

They seemed a little odd to me at first but they kinda grew on me. I liked the way the blue contrasted with the later Klingon ships. I'll likely move the side engines a little further out like the image above. I can't honestly remember why I moved them closer to the middle when I built it.

And yes I will hopefully be doing most of the STO ships at some point! If you have any requests let me know :)

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Like this version from the fan series Star Trek Phase II?
    Actually this'd be pretty nice to see tbh, it'd make a nice stepping stone from the TOS to the TMP eras.
    Exactly! The Phase II one is real nice-looking. Thanks for showing me.