Tatical Map and Fleet Formations

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been wondering if we are going to get a Tatical Map, not only of the Galactic Map for the navigation, but a Tatical Map for local tactical information, and the option to mount formations and plot local navigation rutines one the tatical map for your fleat.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Haven\'t yet thought about it. I first have to do the galactic map before I can plan something like that. The idea is nice though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m reding the Losft Fleet of Jack Campbell and then, sumerged on the fiction I started to tinck how nice can be to have a tactical map where you can plot way points and formations for your fleet (compoce from IA or/and Players), then an autopilot system can fly the ship and the players can focus on the attack with the weaponery (or take off on one fighter and provide support for the \"fleet Admiral\", I can imaginate how nice can and epic can be the fight between big fleets of destroyers, battle cruisiers, battle ship\'s, etc..
    I\'m glad to see that you like the Idea :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    On the formation front. A system identical to the docking system that uses invisible intangible blocks would be a nice easy way of making smallish fixed fleet formations. Removing the size limit and energy sharing for balancing.

Of course it could be abused for turrets. Of course once good point following AI gets put in it would be redundant. Til then it\'s a quick and easy botch job.