System Wide Enemy detection system?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I know one of these is a lot of work but would it be possible to string together a network of small enemy detectors to a main display of some kind that tells you what detectors are going off in the system?

Like for example the receiving main detector has a huge cluster of lights that when no enemy is detected by a particular enemy detector the light just stays on, if no detector in a sector or the one there is destroyed the light goes out, if an enemy detected the light is blinking.

I know it is a huge project even with the resources and time but the question here is can it be done? Seeing as there are already working enemy detectors all someone would need to do is string them into one big network and hope against hope the wifi blocks don't DC themselves when they shouldn't. :P

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Bingo NEMO. I've done this, it's very interesting. Both points have to be loaded though, so it's not perfect. I just used a system to send out a wireless logic pulse, if the other point is loaded it'll send wireless logic back, and then the high signal gets stored.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Yes I know that little snag of the other point having to be loaded so it would only work on players until they decide to turn their ship into a ram and send the detector flying who knows where.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yes I know that little snag of the other point having to be loaded so it would only work on players until they decide to turn their ship into a ram and send the detector flying who knows where.
    Stations can't be moved. Asteroids wouldn't be seen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    How about docking cores to the main signal map whic is a station and than build the sector size lenght arm, place a wireless block, remove arm and vola?