system seeking missile/ HEAS (update)

Reaction score
    1. do not tell me that it is OP that is not helpful. Instead tell me how the idea can be improved and balanced

2. this missile is not a block. It is a missile that you buy or make with items and load into sd-bb missile array, each missile cost 90,000. Also you must buy an advanced targeting scanner that costs

3. it works by you picking the sd-bb missile array you want it load in to then hit L to load. loading takes 5 sec. 15 sec for you lock on to your target and than hit P cyclic through sub-systems and fire. You can only target weapons, shield, engines and power. Because I do not want player targeting computer cores and ship's cores, but if hits near them they will be damaged. the missile will hit near where most of that targeted system block are located .

4. The Missile cause very little damage to shields. I mean the shields not blocks. My concept missile is based on HEAT missiles or in this case HEAS missiles, that work by using shape charge to turn metal in to a state of superplasticity and force that against the hull at 25 times the speed of sound to cut a small hole in the hull and once inside it fanning-out. As it cuts through the hull block it lose 1/4 of its power and 1/16 systems blocks because they are delicate electronics.

5. the blast for the has to big enough to justify the price. I Picked 2 patters that I are a cone 3 wide by 2 long or a cone 3 wide by 4 long . You can reply with any size you think is good. these pic are just to show what will be hit not if it is destroyed and to show you want my Idea is. Also if anyone this an idea formula for blast patter areas please post it here.

3 X 4

3 X 2

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    1) Your previous idea was OP and to balance it to optimal level, it would be totally useless as 1-block weapons should be.

Rest - nope.
    • making hard caps of weapons stats, not depending on the number of blocks of that weapon isn't a good idea
    • dealing more damage to shields or to hulls would be possible with effects system
    • i don't see why there should be a limit to shoot only at weapons, shields and power
    • passing through hulls and other systems - nope, i don't see a good reason for this
    • targeting systems of the enemy ship should require some scanning device

Instead there might be nuclear missiles (or antimatter or something like this) to buy in the shop, which could be used by missile launchers. Each missile shot as a nuclear would have boosted damage and radius, few times more.
    Basic quantity of uranium would be a gram and if players wish to use it, they need to have some uranium in the storage connected to the missile computer. Then they would press one key to turn nuclear missiles on.
    The uranium usage would depend on some stat of the missile weapon, probably damage, so the bigger weapon is, the more uranium it would consume.
    Of course missiles could be also shot without uranium and without any costs, and the uranium would be very rare and very expensive.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We would need new ships just passing a nuclear effected area as contamination would have ill effects and regulation of contaminations. Do we really want this type of energy in our battles?

Reaction score
    • i don't see why there should be a limit to shoot only at weapons, shields and power
    • passing through hulls and other systems - nope, i don't see a good reason for this
    • targeting systems of the enemy ship should require some scanning device
    I forget to add target systems in first post. My concept missile is based on HEAT missiles, that work by using shape charge to turn metal in to a state of superplasticity and force that against the hull at 25 times the speed of sound to cut a small hole in the hull and once inside it faning-out. this is why I have 2 cone shaped blast patters. So this is cutting a hole through hull to damage everything behind it . I only wanted weapons, shields, engines and power ; because I did not want players to target the ship's core and weapon control blocks. Thinking that would make it OP. But if the missile hit near the ship's core the it will be damaged by the blast and this same for all the other blocks. I will make change to the first post later after more posts.

The ship in starmade are already protect from radiation, because you only get heat damage from stars and no radiation

Last edited: