Swarm Missles radius to small

Reaction score
    Good evening !

Im currently trying to implement an Swarm Missle as an Anti-Fighter Weapon, the only problem is, that the radius of explosion is to low (only 6 meters). So i added 100% explosion Modules to it and it went to 14 meters radius. But its still to small.

Is there a way to push the Swarm Missles radius to 30/40 meters ? Or is this only possible with Lock on ones ?

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You can also reduce the ratio of master and slave. It'll give you less but more powerful missiles.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Swarmers (especially logic sequenced ones) have a really strong rate of fire for missiles, like all missiles they need enough damage to kill at least half their full sphere to really start to take advantage of that radius. Extra important for explosive effect because you lose up to 50% of your block damage with it, to compensate for its increased removal per hit potential. Missile damage emanates from point of impact, losing portions of damage with every block it destroys, or empty space it passes through, remember that when figuring out how powerful you want to make each individual missile.

They're not the best anti fighter weapon simply because swarmers are too slow to keep up anywhere close to their actual dps against a small & fast fighter. Will work on most server pirates & definitely on default NPC ships, but its not the way for player piloted fighters or fast strafing drones, missile-beam and beam-cannon/beam (preferably on turrets) will have better luck against small fast shit since it can actually hit with the majority of its fire.

tl;dr swarmers are weak because they're too slow (also they kill your friends & family), they have top tier damage potential when they do start hitting, if built right.

Reaction score
    That was my issue when making a fleet safe missile boat. 3 damage turrets, 2 self powered missile cannon to be the AMS confuser and extra damage. I so wish I could missile missile but either way thing won't like drone swarms. Fleets don't let fleets missile missile

Reaction score
    Swarmers have to be weaker than normal or beam enhanced, otherwise this game will go back to the days of swarmer fest deathcubes.

The damage penalty is the payment for not having to aim

Reaction score
    Honestly i dont really care about the damage . I gave my titan 2 powerfull lock on missles, 5 `a 9 weak swarm missles for confusing AMS turrets and 2 Powerfull `a 9 Swarm missles for destroying a lot of Armor and systems.

First im gonna launch the 45 AMS Confusing Missles, than right after than the 9 Powerfull ones and at least the Lock on Missles.
    Because the AMS turrets are aiming for the first missles in range, the 9 PowerFull Swarmers will reach the target without any problems. The 2 Lock on ones will be used for Nuking the enemy. The chance that one of the Powerfull Missles is hit, is very low.