Supplementary Inventory System

Reaction score
    Currently, every block in game has at least a Credit value, and a Mass value. We the players have a credit counter to show us how many credits we have. How about we add a mass counter? My idea is to add a second way to carry about large amounts of blocks without cluttering the inventory or outsing the current system.

First thigns first, we'd need a Grinder (Module) (Block), a factory related block. Place any object into the Grinder and it will grind the object up into just its mass. This mass gets added to the player's mass counter. This mass could then be sold to vendors for more credits, (why not just sell the block instead?), or when in build mode in a shipyard, you can use it, along with your hard earned credits, to build blocks from scratch. Though to be able to do this, you'd need to slave one or more 3D Printers to the shipyard. Building such a block would give you access to a few basic hull types, shapes, and colors. You could buy blueprints for more hull types, molds for more shapes, and paints for more colors; from shops.

Grinding up blocks would only give you their mass, not their credit value, so using this as a easy store all method would be very costly. Rebuilding those blocks in a shipyard with a 3D Printer would cost their full value. Blueprints, Molds, & Paints could be bought/sold to/from shops, as well as the mass itself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d rather clutter up my inventory instead of converting my stuff for a cost into mass and then reconvert ing the mass into blocks for more costs

Reaction score
    You\'d potentially be able to store more mass than you would blocks though. Also remember, I thought of this to go along WITH the current system, not replace it.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    but youtube knows... I am too lazy to search the link :)

You split an item and get 2 different cubatoms.

You refine an item from 2 cubatoms, but you need one to have gas (not solid/liquid/plasma) and one to have heavy (not light, medium) for example.

Each of the 4 stats has 4 levels. The forth is not available via split command, only via cubatom fusion.

Currently it has some bugs and I think it is stupid that you can make for example 1 hull out of rock and lava, but hull gives you the same ammount of cubatoms as 1 lava, excluding the rock.

There is no waste. 2 mass -> 1 mass.

Even Einstein said that energy can not disappear. And mass is a form of energy. That is what makes our current system stupid in my opinnion.