Sun Damaged

Reaction score
    I've been happily building in my sector for a few weeks until the recent patch. Now, whenever I log in, I see a message telling me I'm taking damage from the sun, and I eventually die! I've tried to escape the area, but now I've run out of ships and cores.

Did something change? Why all of a sudden am I taking damage in a sector that was fine before and how the hell do I get out of this situation before I lose all my faction points from dying!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You are too close to a sun, move further away, if it still occurs make a bug thread.

Reaction score
    Yes, a bug got fixed. (Also mentioned in the news post.)
    Ah, I see. So I'm kinda screwed then. I shouldn't have been able to build there in the first place. But now that I have, and have made it my spawn point, I'm stuck in an endless cycle of death :(

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If playing single-player, try using admin commands to teleport yourself or enable god mode. If on a server, perhaps you can contact an admin for similar assistance.

BTW do ships still take heat damage? I've recently noticed myself getting burned but no shield or hull damage (or related warning). I remember getting a red warning box and hull damage previously.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It mainly happens if you are actually moving

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I noticed before this last update, that I would get the message but take no damage. I flew away as fast as possible, then checked, but no bits were missing. Then, as I was inspecting my ship, some objects went whizzing past me from the direction I had come from. They were not blocks, but 3-5 inclines or triangles, and maybe some dust-like debris moving in a loose formation. I only saw one side, maybe they were on the other side of my ship. I checked again, but no damage.

Also, no pirates or armed stations, nor traders. I thought it strange, but it never happened again, and I do not go that close to the primary anymore.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The radius for activation of the astronaut damage is too big at the moment, I hope they match the radius of the hull damage, because at this point you can die, even if your ship is intact.

Also, the radius is so big that I cannot access most of my shops inside my home system, since it's in the deadly radius.