Suggestion- Give us the ability to force a re-download of just textures

Reaction score
    I think we should have the ability to redownload/reinstall just the texture files when we need to, because for like a week i've had a problem where the bottom side of most blocks has had the texture cut in two diagonally, so next to another block of the same type the texture looks like a rhombus and it's really annoying, and the trick someone told me fixes it for them (press f1 or f3, they weren't sure which) didn't work for me, and since it's consistent i image it's probably an issue with my textures installation. It is on a server.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    JC1223
    Sounds like the vertex order is incorrect, and mistakenly edited when you pressed a debug hotkey. Not the textures themselves being corrupt.

Check this thread, lots of examples shown here:
    https://starmadedock.net/threads/my-block-textures-are-distorted-solved.30344/
    If it looks like this, then do the following.
    You can delete the file vertexInfo.properties found in the directory StarMade/data/config/
    Then in the launcher click;
    - Options and Repair,
    - Search Currently Installed,
    - Download Normal.
    If this doesn't work, let me know.

Re-pressing the admin keys to switch the vertices orders again is not a good "fix" unless you know the specific order you require. You'll more than likely just dig a deeper hole. Best just to follow the "force download " advice.