Subsystem HP

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There's a simple logic when it comes to machines - if you chop a car in half, you don't have a car that runs at half speed, you have a useless piece of junk.

The old system HP applied this logic to ships as a whole. In order to break the whole thing, you only have to destroy a percentage of blocks and trigger an overheat. Power 2.0 applies this logic to reactors, since there is now reactor HP instead.

I suggest the logic apply to all systems. Destroy some thrusters and have your enemy slowed by half. Destroy most thrusters and have your enemy loose propulsion completely. The same would go for weapons, shields, and other systems.

System destruction is already looking to get easier with the weapons update, but I do think this is a relatively simple and intuitive step in the same direction.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Integrity needs to work this way instead of causing explosions. The explosions are a lagfest.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Integrity is a related mechanic, but I'm not sure it's the right tool for the job. It is, first and foremost, a mechanic to incentivize shapes. Simultaneously using it as a system HP might cause it to become bad at both.

Though, looking at the elaboration in the suggestion in your signature, I think we agree on this. You're suggesting a separate HP and integrity pool, where draining the latter causes the former to drain faster. That sounds like a useful way to connect the concepts.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Turn on Break Away in the server config... if you chop a ship in half, you really loose that half of your ship.