Structure Menu Suggestion: Combat Ready

Reaction score
    Yes I was just wanting to suggest a way to make the structure menu (default 'delete') more viable. I presume it's a tool that's meant to help manage larger crafts and structures, but I feel this purpose is lost when it takes one or two minutes to open the menu on large crafts. In a pinch it could be used to open/close doors if there's an intruder or a need to navigate the ship unimpeded, or quickly undock turrets or multiple ships, moments when time is of the essence. These features would also likely be used in real spacecraft in moments of evacuation procedures, lockdowns, or grim combat situations.

My suggestion would be to load those specialized interactive things either first, or in a separate menu. Can always wait until a player is at their homebase to check their power and shields on their large crafts when they're not in combat.

Regardless thank you for the very hard work, but I do hope to see this system improved as I feel the design doesn't quite match what the intent of such a tool is. As always, thank you for your time and consideration.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Most of the functionally of the structure menu is in checking the number of groups (for power tanks/reactors). Some of it could be expanded on (maybe show max cloak time with full storage?), but most of what you want most people do with logic. The menu there is more or less for outside of combat or mass activating AI (normally done before combat)

With logic, activate an activator, and you could deploy drones/ships, lock down doors, open hangers, etc., even divided into groups/sections. I think you might just be looking in the wrong place for what you want, or I am misunderstanding?

Reaction score
    Most of the functionally of the structure menu is in checking the number of groups (for power tanks/reactors). Some of it could be expanded on (maybe show max cloak time with full storage?), but most of what you want most people do with logic. The menu there is more or less for outside of combat or mass activating AI (normally done before combat)

With logic, activate an activator, and you could deploy drones/ships, lock down doors, open hangers, etc., even divided into groups/sections. I think you might just be looking in the wrong place for what you want, or I am misunderstanding?
    No I think you're right, I have very little experience with interiors or the activators. Can you really set it up to deploy drones/ships? That's exactly what I'm looking for, because my flagship will be far too massive for agile combat.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    No I think you're right, I have very little experience with interiors or the activators. Can you really set it up to deploy drones/ships? That's exactly what I'm looking for, because my flagship will be far too massive for agile combat.
    Go to General Discussion and look at Keptick's massive Drone R&D thread if you want to play with drones and logic based on them. They toss around alot of ideas and concepts from what I hear, so you might find what you wanted, or better.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-ultimate-drone-r-d-thread.3246/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would like a large red button to turn on Turret/Dock AI, it's honestly a pain and takes too long in a pinch (maybe have a hotkey for this, idk)