Strange sound issue

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hey, My issue is that I boot up starmade, and all of the sounds work fine but seem to expire with repetitive use. Example: I start starmade, I fire my cannons, the sound is there: the cannons firing, and the sound of the bolts hitting the blocks, however after 1-5 shots, the sound will vanish. It seems to be independent of each weapon system, as I can then fire my missile once with sound, and then get the same issue. Starmade not very fun without those pew pew sounds, so hopefully my issue can get resolved

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Well now that the new update came out I just have no sound in general so... this studdering bug is fixed I guess? XD

Reaction score
    • Tester
    see .. that is what you get if you do complain about weird noises in game .. problem fixed ;) :P

no serious .. sound in game is rudimentary at best and right now completly broken it seems.
    will be redone anyway ... so ... patience i guess is key here ^^

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What little sound there was, was fine until a few days ago. Now I have no sound at all, not even the little ditty that plays with the intro Schine logo. It's worth mentioning that EVERY OTHER SOUND IN THE ENTIRE COMPUTER AND PROGRAM works fine, it is only Starmade that is broken.

I have both 32 and 64 bit Javas. I've tried checking/unchecking the Open AL box. Now I am paranoid every time I fire up build helper with a rapid fire right click macro to replace or remove blocks, because I do not know if when I clear the helper it will keep deleting random blocks.

Something is wrong with something somewhere.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, to blatantly honest, I'm always surprised when I fire the first shot in a session. ;)

After that there's silence, as it's normal in space, where no one can hear you scream. :p

Greets,

Jan