Storage Sort Bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Not sure if this is a bug, or I've done something wrong with the setup.

I have my ship salvagers set to dump all that is salvaged into a single plex storage. This then sorts it from there into serveral (24) plex storages. It all work perfectly until I log off the game. When the game is restarted, the salvagers still dump all that they salvage into that single central storage box, but the other 24 plex storage boxes stop sorting. They are still connected when you select them to check. They will start sorting again once you remove the connection and make a new connection with each... until you log off again.

It's a very cool feature! I do hope this is a bug and don't need to reconnect them everytime I log in.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    Yes ... it i s an known problem!
    Something with Meta data missing on the Ship (orwhatever) entity.
    At the moment the only workaround seems to be to build your ship anew from scrap .. or wait for a fix (thats what i do!)
    http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1001

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is on a new ship that is only 1 version old (made in v0.171). I haven't updated any of my older ships to use it yet until it works in the new one.

***EDIT: Why is there no links to the bug tracker from the main StarMade website (and back again)?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You build it in 0171 from a new placed core ?
    We couldnt find out when it started to happen ! It is reported as seen first in 01703 and my new collector and sorting ship is affected too.
    That is why the bug got High priority ... it spans a release Version and cant´be recovered from

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is also a problem when i build a sort system on a Spacestation/planet for my factory.
    everytime someone loggs off or the sector be unloaded, i see connectionlines between macroassembler and storage,
    why the hell are there connectionlines?,
    and nothing is sorted into the boxes.
    This is still a problem since about 2 updates and should be get fixed as a priority