Storage Logic

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    With the recent (relatively) change to storage blocks and the addition of cargo space, can someone explain to me or point me to a guide to how logic signals off storage now work and can be harnessed? The original videos by Bench are no longer relevant with the 100 unit limit per block yet indefinite number of slots in storage. I cannot find a video that covers it and it seems the wiki page on storage has been removed/wiped in expectation of its being updated.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    With the recent (relatively) change to storage blocks and the addition of cargo space, can someone explain to me or point me to a guide to how logic signals off storage now work and can be harnessed? The original videos by Bench are no longer relevant with the 100 unit limit per block yet indefinite number of slots in storage. I cannot find a video that covers it and it seems the wiki page on storage has been removed/wiped in expectation of its being updated.
    I believe some of that is bugged. The one I know that works is that you can slave the cargo computer to a logic signal to turn off storage pull.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I believe some of that is bugged. The one I know that works is that you can slave the cargo computer to a logic signal to turn off storage pull.
    yeah, that much I know. Looking for a way to get a signal when the storage is full, or not empty, like you could before. :)

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    yeah, that much I know. Looking for a way to get a signal when the storage is full, or not empty, like you could before. :)
    I just tested to day with the dev build putting both an activator or a button next to the storage/shop. It does not trigger via full. I wouldn't rely on this for the moment. I'll see if I can push to have storage logic fixed since it'll be more important in the next update.

Reactions: RoAnnon
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. Got some builds waiting on working storage logic :)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I kinda need to have a "Has Items", "Doesn't Have Items" logic setup for my drill so I can start and stop it's movement if it is mining. Could make this before but not sure if I can now. Anyone able to get this kind of thing working lately?

Reaction score
    Easy select storage and the place an activation module and an OR gate so both are slaves of the storage. When both are on means there is stuff in the storage, when one is off its empty and the other is off its full. But

These only work if the chest is pulling hence I use a pre-storage chest to catch the output of the salvage computers and have my larger measured storage pull from it.

Cheers
    [doublepost=1470432685,1470432507][/doublepost]Oh to the OP, and beside is not a thing anymore, its c -> v linking.

I feel like I've learnt so much about starmade and yet still know nothing