Storage filtering update

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The survival aspect of the game is very unappealing to a lot of people because of the - let's say unfriendly to use storage and filtering system.
    a few suggestions here to give it some appeal back.

- The search/filter keeps remembering what was searched/filtered before.
    - We can check uncheck mutliple entries
    - Entries also include Categories.

Thanks in advance, you know there is no way around this, so please better sooner than later.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    YES!!! Even a duplicate of the shop UI with those check boxes would be enough.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yeah i was thinking to make this implementation super easy, just have it possible to have an option to set all items from x,y,z shop category.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello folks.

I was about to create my own thread on a narrower topic range than included in the opening post here but I figured a sorta Necro was better than duplicating a request. I can't see that this is being considered, requesting a brainstorm or rejected so I thought I'd give particular thumbs up for part 2.

I am starting the long process of building new factories and I want to build em a little smarter. One thing I had a gripe with in my last factory was blocks pulling capsules from my capsule refinery. I was able to apply a filter to the drop down 'auto pull' select, but had to select each 'capsule' individually.

If applying the filter gave you the list, as it does today, but you were able to 'add' to the selection by ticking multiple entries, as opposed to doing each one at a time, I think builders on survival servers would be a lot happier. It would also help with bulk transfer of goods from one storage unit to another "I can pick up all my ingots, and move them to another crate" and since I see something on a new CARGO system is under the "planned" sticky, I just wanted to flag the suggestion.

Separately, I do also like the idea of search categories, but I'm less fussed on that, and less fussed on remembering previous searches. :)

Reactions: Drakkart
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    am starting the long process of building new factories and I want to build em a little smarter. One thing I had a gripe with in my last factory was blocks pulling capsules from my capsule refinery. I was able to apply a filter to the drop down 'auto pull' select, but had to select each 'capsule' individually.
    You don't need to select individual capsules. A given factory only takes the capsules it requires for the receipt. Only the armor currently has a complex process of production, other modules are one-step process and require very specific resources. You basically can have one storage that takes all the capsules to distribute them across all the factories, and another storage, which you can activate when you need to collect all the products and leftovers. You can also add a dashboard to turn groups of factories on and off to control where to spend capsules on. In the end there's very little need to individually separate items.

To the most extent, it might be good to being able to add all the items, which corresponds to the given search input, but that's about it.

Reaction score
    You basically can have one storage that takes all the capsules to distribute them across all the factories, and another storage, which you can activate when you need to collect all the products and leftovers
    But if you want to separate the different products (ie capsules from alloy from composite) for your one storage, you have to set the pulls individually for each capsule, otherwise if you set your storage to "All" it will pull everything out of the refinery including shards, ores, and minerals. Unless you just delete the pulls for each shard, each ore, and each mineral, but then you run into the same problem again.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Methuselah has it.

I started off with pulling specific capsules.
    then I tried pulling everything, but it took ores and shards.

If you had a two way connection I am guessing you could make the shards bounce between the two blocks but I think having the filter list which is already there when you filter, and being able to tick multiple entries without having to okay and re-filter every time, mean you'll be able o be more clever with your storage.

This will also be particularly useful given that there is much talk of upcoming versions putting a stack limit on item slots... Man, I hope they don't stop at 64... :) someone mentioned 1000... For my money, that is a sensible number.

Im only running into trouble when I'm getting to circa 3m blocks in a slot.. My guild-partner is an avid miner!!

Reaction score
    If you had a two way connection I am guessing you could make the shards bounce between the two blocks
    I've never tried, but just thinking it over, the capsule refinery ticks twice for every time the storage unit ticks once. Say I throw in a stack of shards, the refinery ticks, ticks a second time and shards disappear, wasted tick, wasted tick shards reappear. So then the refinery is only producing half of the time.

I don't know what you've got planned for your factory, but this is the most efficient setup I've found for the least amount of work. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it does everything I need it to do. It is programming intensive though.

I have a drop off at the door from my docking pad. I then have 16 storages that pull from this drop box. Twelve of them are for finished products, sorted into categories. The last four separate the minerals, shards, ores, and scrap. One refinery is slaved to each of the first three storages, and a microassembler to the fourth storage. The products of the first three refineries is separated into mesh/composites and capsules. The mesh/composites refined by the microassembler go directly into a dedicated factory to construct grey hull. The other factories pull what they need from the two storages, the first factory, or the 12 storages for final products.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    But if you want to separate the different products (ie capsules from alloy from composite) for your one storage, you have to set the pulls individually for each capsule, otherwise if you set your storage to "All" it will pull everything out of the refinery including shards, ores, and minerals. Unless you just delete the pulls for each shard, each ore, and each mineral, but then you run into the same problem again.
    Yes, you'll have to. I don't see the reason to, though.

What I usually do now is I have:
    - Multiple chain-pull storages taking all raw goods from hangar bays into central Refinery storage.
    - Capsule Refinery linked to that storage, taking only the things it can actually refine. It is readily accesible, thus I can see how much of any resources I currently have.
    - Factory Input storage, which I take capsules to manually. I don't tend to care about producing stuff when I only brought them in to refine, thus if I'd made refinery and factory directly united, I might find myself producing goods which I don't need. Factory and Refinery are always separate modules on my present and previous stations.
    - Factory System storage directly beneath the Input storage, which takes Everything I place into it and redistributes it around the factories.
    - All factory units are tied to Factory System storage and take only the things they need to produce their items.
    - Factory dashboard with Activators chained down to enable and disable particular groups of factories (Weapons, types of armor, Effects, etc.).
    - Factory Output storage link, which when activated will flush all items out of the factories and System storage and bring it to manual access.

Reaction score
    I don't see the reason to, though.
    OCD, keeping everything straight, that's all. And I find that one refinery doesn't have enough room for large mining runs.

- Factory dashboard with Activators chained down to enable and disable particular groups of factories (Weapons, types of armor, Effects, etc.).
    - Factory Output storage link, which when activated will flush all items out of the factories and System storage and bring it to manual access.
    I tried activators for my second factory and found it overwhelming. I needed to be inside the factory to make sure I produced enough anyway, so it was easier to activate it from the inside and pull everything out as I needed it. If I didn't, I seemed to be making more than I needed.

But, yours is definitely easier to program than mine.