Stopping Current Client On Loading Into Server

Reaction score
    So I was on a server last night just fine, but when I try connecting to the same server or any other server I get "Stopping Current Client" after it says "Creating Universe" in the upper left corner where it usually does the Loaded - XX%. Any advice on how to fix this? I've tried to redownload it and it does not fix the problem.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    sounds like a corrupted installation to me
    try to use the "options -> clear client cache" feature first ...
    if that isnt helping reinstall the game
    if still no luck, please get the log.txt.0 file from a failed start and rename it to .txt then add it by drag and drop to an answer here
    the logs are in starmade/logs

Reaction score
    I don't have a starmade/logs path. The game doesn't actually crash. It just doesn't load. Thank you for the help. The clear cache didn't work and reinstalling didn't work.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    that shouldnt be possible ... if you are seeing that universe message the game is running and a logfile should have been created.
    if that isnt the case i do assume the game isnt alowed to write to its own install folder ... which in turn wouldnt make it possible to create a universe.

where did you install it to ?

Reaction score
    It's in my downloads folder. I searched my PC for the path, I've looked for any sort of log folder or log file in the directory.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    uhm ... weird

please try to install the game to maybe C:\starmade by changeing the install path
    old launcher i guess ?
    Screenshot_7.jpg

then try again .. after failing again inside of that folder there should then be a logs folder with said log.txt.0 file

Reaction score
    So I changed the installation directory and now it's just sitting at downloading 2/1057 files and 0.0%.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    what virus scanner are you using ? ... if it is avast .. deaktivate it while downloading ... sorry forgott about that

Reaction score
    I use Norton. I'll try deactivating that because it might have done something to it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464377287,1464376775][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, I think the issue was that it was just using the roaming installation thing. It works now. I wouldn't have thought of changing the install directory. Thanks so much!

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Having the same problem, tried moving the install, clearing the cache, turning off avast, no dice.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Please add a log.txt.0 file of one of those failed connects here
    (remove the .0 part and drag and drop it in here)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Zylofan ... Your logfile ends on
    "org.schema.schine.auth.exceptions.WrongUserNameOrPasswordException: Your credentials are invalid. If you need to reset them, visit registry.star-made.org."

my guess is you didnt uplink to star-made.org properly or something did go wrong with the stored information for it on your system.
    when selecting online play .. use the uplink in the top of the window.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks that did the trick. I seemed to be logged in just fine, but after logging out and logging back in everything worked again.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I seem to be having the same issues to where i cant get past the initializing universe stage it worked fine when on the first day

Reaction score
    • Tester
    creativegrey first .. please reinstall the game to another place than the programfiles folder.
    in the launcher change the install path to something like c:/starmade .. to be found here

Screenshot_7.jpg Screenshot_12.jpg

then do reuplink in the game Screenshot_2.jpg

Reaction score
    Thanks, that did the trick, I thought that I had uplinked correctly, I guess I didn't. Again, Thanks.

Reaction score
    So every time I try to load into a server, it'll give me the stopping current client error. I've tried every solution. Here is my log.

Attachments