• Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Or is it the other way around?

I can't tell sometimes....

Regardless, video!

What do you think about this? Seems pretty freaking awesome to me :D

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I always wonder why you sometimes make a thread requesting feedback regarding parts of an update-post.

Reactions: Mariux

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Will we now need steam to play StarMade?
    Nope. One of Schema's goals is to keep the game as accessible as possible. Steam will help bring Starmade to new players, but Starmade need not bring it's players to Steam. Unless you'd like to use the standard Steam interface, chat, and game communities.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nope. One of Schema's goals is to keep the game as accessible as possible. Steam will help bring Starmade to new players, but Starmade need not bring it's players to Steam. Unless you'd like to use the standard Steam interface, chat, and game communities.
    The day it becomes a steam exclusive is the day you've lost me as a player and supporter of the game. Once you've been 'bitten' by steam and their poor service you too will boycott them.

Reactions: mgwerner

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The day it becomes a steam exclusive is the day you've lost me as a player and supporter of the game. Once you've been 'bitten' by steam and their poor service you too will boycott them.
    We're only supporting Steam as another method to get and play the game. We do not ever intend to become Steam exclusive.

Reaction score
    >Everyone asked for Starmade on Steam.
    >Devs do this.
    >Get shit for it.

Come on guys. It's just another platform. And it will drum up dosh and support for the game too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, I have some games via Steam and some via the originators distributions, like StarMade or KSP for instance, and as far as I can see there's not much difference between the two. Steam obviously has a disadvantage when your Internet connection is flaky or fails often, but otherwise it's just as comfortable as using content on your own PC.
    At least you don't have to be a veryfication disk jokey anymore as in the old days. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    >Everyone asked for Starmade on Steam.
    >Devs do this.
    >Get shit for it.

Come on guys. It's just another platform. And it will drum up dosh and support for the game too.
    This, Star Made can use a little bit of publicity here and there to support the game. More people playing can create more opportunities for factions to grow and make use of the new faction features.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Steam is a horrible security hole in your system. I will agree with K10wN, the day you go Steam you have lost me as a player.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Some of you are acting like its being released on Origin! *shudders*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    >uses MS Windows
    >complains about Steam's security
    Use Linux with a VM, wonders what you are talking about.......[DOUBLEPOST=1416833098,1416831486][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Citation needed.

http://revuln.com/files/ReVuln_Steam_Browser_Protocol_Insecurity.pdf

As DukeofRealms has previously said, we are not exclusively distributing from steam, nor is it, or ever will be, a prerequisite to playing Starmade.
    Thanks. Did not see that response, very slow refresh of my browser behind the Great Firewall.

Reactions: kupu
    Reaction score
    Stop arguing!
    It's coming on steam and you're going to learn to deal with it. Sure, leave if you want, if you're going to leave over something as stupidly small as this then we don't want you here. Bye! See you in 2 weeks.

Anyway, does this mean total integration? I can play it with my mates through steam? Look forward to it. Any relative ETA?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    My biggest worry for Starmade on Steam is there isn't much game content right now. Yes it is fun to build ships, but if you aren't a big ship builder there isn't much to do. It really needs some missions, or critters, or some reason to explore other than gathering minerals. I haven't seen a pirate ship in 2 weeks (only pirate bases), they don't seem to attack my base anymore, so I don't have much to fight. Hopefully some of this stuff will be included before the official release. I would hate to have people get their hopes up and then get bored and leave. Like STARFORGE, which had great potential in early steam release, then pretty much petered out (paid $20 for that mess).

Reaction score
    Steam is a horrible security hole in your system. I will agree with K10wN, the day you go Steam you have lost me as a player.
    What security hole? All I know about Steam is it's a pain to get working on Linux boxes. At least in my experience.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I'm going to agree with Mr.Steam that the game isn't ready for steam yet. I mean, there's only one chance to do this, and you don't want to mess it up by having a game missing an obvious feature (and no offense, I could name a few that Starmade needs)

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, I'm going to agree with Mr.Steam that the game isn't ready for steam yet. I mean, there's only one chance to do this, and you don't want to mess it up by having a game missing an obvious feature (and no offense, I could name a few that Starmade needs)
    I'm not concerned about features so much as optimization. Building large ships needs to come with a few warnings, like BE CAREFUL NEAR PLANETS WITH OVER 9000 SHIP PLS. ;D

Reactions: MrFURB