Steam is Coming to Starmade!

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    We need content and also repairing of some stuff that got broken recently. As I told on the other thread, I fear the new players will get bored too early due to the salvage issues we're facing now, after they realise it might take a long time to have any solid ship, since it is likely that pirate-loot will get nerfed/require higher firepower on most of the popular servers as well.

We've got the only chance left on bringing new blood into the game, better do the best possible to not miss the shot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Stop arguing!
    It's coming on steam and you're going to learn to deal with it. Sure, leave if you want, if you're going to leave over something as stupidly small as this then we don't want you here. Bye! See you in 2 weeks.

Anyway, does this mean total integration? I can play it with my mates through steam? Look forward to it. Any relative ETA?
    No, mate, some of us won't learn to deal with it.

It is not an argument when a number of customers express concern over security flaws in a delivery system:

http://revuln.com/files/ReVuln_Steam_Browser_Protocol_Insecurity.pdf

It is attitudes such as yours that led to my decision to pull my investment in Oculus. I bought a house with that money, instead.
    Be careful who you tell to go away. Some of us are looking for large investment opportunities - hence my time being spent now in China - and will walk away when the tools come out to play.[DOUBLEPOST=1416926206,1416926158][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What security hole? All I know about Steam is it's a pain to get working on Linux boxes. At least in my experience.

If there is one there are more than one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    We do indeed need at least the hp system and the shipyards. Optional (but preferable) would be to have the creature system, NPC factions and the quests working properly too. But something tells me schema already has a plan, and I really can't wait to see what it is.

And now... Smile :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No, mate, some of us won't learn to deal with it.

It is not an argument when a number of customers express concern over security flaws in a delivery system:

It is attitudes such as yours that led to my decision to pull my investment in Oculus. I bought a house with that money, instead.
    Be careful who you tell to go away. Some of us are looking for large investment opportunities - hence my time being spent now in China - and will walk away when the tools come out to play.[DOUBLEPOST=1416926206,1416926158][/DOUBLEPOST]

If there is one there are more than one.
    Steam isn't going to be the only way to purchase and play the game. Stop whining.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Steam isn't going to be the only way to purchase and play the game. Stop whining.
    That is what Planet Explorers said, and Thew Long Dark. Both have abandoned updates outside of Steam. Independent games seem to often start out with direct downloads to early supporters, then forgo those updates to push everyone to Steam for updates. Towns did the same thing through Gamersgate, died and was resurrected, sort of.

I wonder if that is a contractual obligation on the part of Valve?

Nowhere near a whine, but a customer expressing concerns based on fact and previous performance in the industry.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That is what Planet Explorers said, and Thew Long Dark. Both have abandoned updates outside of Steam. Independent games seem to often start out with direct downloads to early supporters, then forgo those updates to push everyone to Steam for updates. Towns did the same thing through Gamersgate, died and was resurrected, sort of.

I wonder if that is a contractual obligation on the part of Valve?

Nowhere near a whine, but a customer expressing concerns based on fact and previous performance in the industry.
    Steam could not sufficiently support our requirements regardless.

We have no interest in restricting to purely Steam, our Registry system is evidence of that.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If they really wanted to, schema could just throw the entire Registry into Steam Workshop and forget about it. He's not going to do that because he knows what he's doing and (i'm pretty sure) he wants a quality game over a famous one.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

The magic cat Schema had plans for all these, I believe.