• Yes

Votes: 17 77.3%
    • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
    • Maybe

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I didn't know they changed it to per block, that would explain why my ships power goes poof, yea I think I'll leave the cloak but just use it to get out of view

Reaction score
    It was always 150 per block, the only thing that changed is the ratio. Several months ago, cloak/jam took 100/50 power, now it's 145/5.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    The absolute best tip I have for building a cloaker is to look at all the blocks that make up your vessel and individually assess if that block is crucial to the ship functioning. Then when you have what is effectively a 100% optimized stealth ship you can then add other blocks such as armor and utilities up until you can't maintain cloak/thrust anymore.

Reaction score
    the radar jam is essential and i have plenty of power to do that, i had decided if i could permanently cloak was somewhat secondary. my main goal is to build a ship that looks somewhat like the picture i posted in my first post that is usable to some degree with the job i wanted it to do

Reaction score
    This, in my opinion, is a great idea if executed well, I may just have to borrow it. ;)

P.S. I'm not gonna do something stupid like copy your entire ship design or anything, I just absolutely love your idea of a stealth attack ship. :D

Reactions: Farel17
    Reaction score
    This right here guys is one of the reasons why we need specular maps, guys, because of stealth ships that people (including me) are wanting to build with special hulls that reflect the background.

But in order for stealth ships to actually be good, the following also needs to be implemented:

>reflective hull (with less mass in trade for armor, perhaps)
    >alpha damage (hit and runs)
    >sensors n' stuff (see: thread)
    >better weapon mechanics so small ships bombs with extremely long reloads can damage capital ships (Yes I went there what are you gonna do about it people)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    wow i din't know other people would even look at this thread except for people i asked to check it but thanks guys, the main reason thought of this idea was the new expansion that included this type of ship. the other reason is that everyone says that most of the effect modules like emp and ion are useless compared to other weapon systems that just completely outstrip them in damage, the only problem with that theory is that can you fire weapons without power? :3 again thanks, maybe i can get this thread up on the scale of some of the other popular builders but that is extremly unlikely

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    wow i din't know other people would even look at this thread except for people i asked to check it but thanks guys, the main reason thought of this idea was the new expansion that included this type of ship. the other reason is that everyone says that most of the effect modules like emp and ion are useless compared to other weapon systems that just completely outstrip them in damage, the only problem with that theory is that can you fire weapons without power? :3 again thanks, maybe i can get this thread up on the scale of some of the other popular builders but that is extremly unlikely
    Whenever someone has a great idea, everyone always wants to make it better, and swarms the thread.

Reaction score
    SEMP S2.JPG Stage 2 of the ship is done for the most part, i shortened the fromt end because it was just too big, outfitted it with shields so that it can take a few hits if it has to and put more tthrusterson it. so far i think it is turning out very well, i've also made a little room that i will put all the computers in and im now working on outfitting the weapons, starting with the emp guns

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    OK, here's the results of some old cloaking research:
    750 000 e/sec is the "sweet spot" for a single-core cloaking ship (titan cloaks require extensive power-balancing and docked reactors....whose beams are visible while "cloaked" making them not-so-viable)
    750 000 / 150 = 5 000 block ship permacloaker
    ~1500-1800 of which is used to generate that power(depending on size, number of BoxDim),
    ~additional 100-500 thrusters,
    ~100-200 sheilds, regen
    ~= 1700-2500 blocks CORE systems results in around 2.5 k blocks that CAN be spent on weapons

Best weapons outfit is generally missile/pulse/effect, balanced out so DPP = power storage cap. slightly lesser viability is available for beams/pulse and cannon/pulse, as a cloaking generally wants to alphastrike out of cloak and recloak/recharge/rearm while behind the safety of invisibility.

edit: Conclusion: Cloaking heavy fighters are viable for hit-and-run, but will ALWAYS look like a pinwheel.

Support role weaponry that would be viable: Damage pulse/pulse, pushpulse/pulse, deactivate enemies hit with them's systems. You could conceivably use this to "turn off" the defensive effects of a ship in combat. (no more armored sheilds, no more bonus hull armor, etc)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    thanks for the info. at this point this ship is probably not going to be a perma cloaker
    on another note i wounder if a pulse weapon only ship would be viable[DOUBLEPOST=1411338121,1411336696][/DOUBLEPOST]ok guys im restartin gthe ship because apparectly i broke the emp comp and now i would have to re connect it block by block so im just going to restart it

Reaction score
    well drats no i dint and now its 2 late XP[DOUBLEPOST=1411340347,1411340298][/DOUBLEPOST]well it was a good idea, ill just start agai

Reaction score
    hey guys im thinking about changing to make a perma cloak/ jam jumpship what do you think?

Reaction score
    Schema really needs to add things to help cloaking along. Perhaps...
    > high-power / low mass energy generators that explode on being damaged
    > low-mass hull blocks that have nearly no armor values.
    > half-transparent cloaks, perhaps?

Reaction score
    the half transparent wouldn't be half bad, maybe do like they originally had for the weapons and put sliders for the cloak for how transparent you want it so like if you made a pure black ship you could give it a little transparency so that the ship doesn't show up as a big black section of a patterned sky[DOUBLEPOST=1411420228,1411420182][/DOUBLEPOST]DrTarDis thanks, do you have pictures of it? or is there just the download

Reaction score
    anyone know how to take a file and change it to a sme(insert rest of line) so that i can upload a ship's blueprint? i just finished my jumpship. it can perma radar jam(kinda, the power drain is so slow when flying its almost unnoticeable but it is there so stop in intervals) the jump drive charges in about 1-2 seconds but you have to wait for your power bar to refill before you jump. it has a missle/ damagepulse slave/ explosive slave array.