Starmade won't install!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Downloaded the game from the starter thing, tried to play but the starter wouldn't recognize that I downloaded the game, I looked and found out that some error thing had happened and I had a zip file so I unzipped it to the folder where the starter was and still nothing. I would really appreciate any help, my friends are all up in this game and their talk of it is making me sooooo jealous!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    the starter has to be one directory up.

e.g. if the zip is extracted to c:\\games\\StarMade, the starter has to be in c:\\games

if the zip is corrupted, youcan download the newest version manually from http://files.star-made.org/build

I hope this helps,
    - schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    By jove! You\'ve done it sir! I was extracting the zip build to the same directory that the starmade launcher was in after the original download and play thing didn\'t work. Anyways thank you kindly for the help!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I never actually got into the game! Now when I press play ( which I saw that I could actually press play I assumed it would work ) the starter just closes and nothing happens. This is depressing, I just wanna make ships with my friends. T-T

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Did you still use the zip that the launcher downloaded and failed to install? If that is the case, please re-download the newest version from the site i mentioned above.
    If it still doesnt work, please doubleclick on the CrashAndBugReporter.jar in the StarMade directory, and send in a report so i can further check the problem

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just downloaded the zip from the manual install website, but it behaved the same way as it did with the zip I got when the game failed to automatically download, I click the play button then the starter just closes and nothing happens. I also sent a report with the crash and bug reporter. My friends suggest I uninstall then reinstall java so I\'ll do that and hope it works. Anyways I thank you kindly for bearing with me and my silly arcane problem.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Uh, I just looked at your report: it seems like a hard crash. Basically the system just stopped before the program could even start doing anything.
    I googled for eventual problems with your java version and it seems like that particular one is causing crashes in other java based games too (wurm online in this case).
    Re-installing java seemed to have fixed the error.
    Deinstall this version and get a 64bit java version (32bit has disadvantages such as limited memory)