StarMade with Ammunition

Reaction score
    I was playing StarMade the other day, building my colony. The notification on the side of my screen notified me that a raid was in progress. I watched as my turrets sprayed antimatter into the air, and thought to myself:
    Why don't weapons run out of ammo in this game?
    The raid was over in seconds (since my turrets could deal thousands of damage per second) and I went back to building, but the idea stayed in my head.
    I've thought this through, and its gonna be pretty epic. Here's my suggestions:
    1. Dimensions
    Width-Height (area of the front of the weapon) - determines the caliber of the weapon (dictates maximum damage)
    Length - Determines the velocity of the weapon (dictates damage as well as speed of the bullet)
    It will use the new weapon system to determine the type of weapon. (scattergun, cannon, rapid fire)

2. Ammo
    Will be listed in "general"
    Comes in three different types:
    Small (weapons with a frontal area of 1-9
    Medium (weapons with a frontal area of 9-25)
    Large (weapons with a frontal area hella big) ;) stay classy

3. Reloading system
    This one's up for grabs. I think something that works kind of like factories by would be cool, like, every tick adding fifty ammo to the weapons. Of course, that would mean you would need a special block. Or maybe just using a drag-drop system.

Let me know what you guys think

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    1. This has been suggested before.
    2. To ease the startup for beginners, weapons shouldn't be unable to fire if they're out of ammo, just their damage should be reduced.

Reaction score
    An option to connect weapons to ammo systems (so they don't take power). When the ammo is depleted, the weapon starts using power again.
    Hmm. Maybe this could be a seperate mod of some sort, or a config file. I personally would like to have this extra challenge in the game. But that brings up something else:

How would the ammunition system be used for pirates?

I was thinking that maybe after they were out of ammo, they would head to the nearest pirate station to reload, and come back again.

Reaction score
    This topic has been done into the floor many times.

I do agree, something other then a reliance on power is necessary, but I can understand why people would object to something like ammo as it does add a level of micromanagement, and I do hate micromanagement with every fiber of my being. I personally would opt for having weapon systems and sub systems have their own power systems rather then all drawing from the same power pool. My main annoyance with the new weapon system is that the shields drain the power so quickly in order to charge that it leaves my weapons inoperable.

Something needs to be done, but ammo... probably not the best answer.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ammo for cannons, Never.

Ammo for missiles, this I would like to see.
    I would not mind an ammo system for missiles. You could have three types and this would determine how the missile functions. IR missiles will heat seek, Radar missiles are lock on, and plain old rockets will dumb fire. This way we can have sniper rockets and multi launch tracking missiles if we so desire. The size and slave percentages would determine the stats and how much "missile" ammo is consumed each time a missile is fired. You cannot just have one shot = one missile because that wouldn't be balanced or scalable. Missiles of course would no longer need massive amounts of power than too.

Actually I wouldn't mind a 4th missile type as well. "Optical" The missile will fire and track to your crosshair.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I would say ,leave that to the modders out there. And not to have it in the default game.