Starmade will not start

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    OK, so i've managed to download and install the latest version of starmade. Unfortunately now, the game doesn't start. It's not a fresh install either, but it's been months since i've updated the game on my laptop. I get the window to choose whether to play multiplayer or singleplayer, and I hit singleplayer, and it closed that out like it does to go "OK, now lets start the game up" but I never get the starting console window or anything! It just won't start! It's as if the game completely forgets and quietly dissapears from starting up!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    im getting pretty much the same problem, whenever i try and play multiplayer it stays at the logging in screen and then nothing else will happen but i can still play solo tho

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thanks for letting me know im not the only one, but unfortunately that doesnt help with solving the problem...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Tried several methods of fixing the problem including trying older versions of the game or fresh installs, but it still doesnt work. Game is broken :(

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    can you post the content of logs/log.0 please

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I figured out the problem last night thanks to the help of MichaelSeph. Turns out it has nothing to do with the game at all. All games on my computer wouldnt work either. It was because I had been messing up the graphics card by accident, as I detailed partially in this thread: http://star-made.org/content/trying-fix-graphics-screws-my-computer

Anyways, it wasn\'t Starmade, it was my computer\'s graphics drivers being broken. I fixed the problem thanks to MichaelSeph\'s help.

I\'ll provide the logs anyhow in case there was anything correctable on Starmade\'s side.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B04x4CQr5ujvUzlIaFlXMTY1ODQ/edit?usp=sharing

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Glad that it got fixed. What was the problem in the end?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    My graphics driver was screwed up, because I had been tampering with the driver without knowing what I was doing. MichaelSeph helped me figure out the problem and fix it up :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    on my pc it works good, but i could not buy downloaded from this site ship models...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried to start it. It downloads game content but after it downloaded everything it stops and closes the screen.

and the game doesnt start

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My game closes too

i found this error while poking in the error files

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

logs:

hs_err_pid6156:

http://pastebin.com/XqQDSVb9

log.txt.4:

http://pastebin.com/gCWweKyr

EDIT: Solved! i just had to update my drivers ._.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My star made won\'t work, I have installed the latest version and tried to start it up but nothing happens.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mine used to work not more then an hour ago, my friends can still connect to the server but mine wont load any servers from any account, i get an error that sayd bad connection or something but I know thats not the case. Ive reinstalled twice and gotten no where

PLZ HELP!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I nvr got the option to download a starter to open starmade. When it closed on me the first time, i tried to reopen using the folder that was on my desktop, but it says i need the starter i downloaded, but ive searched my computer for a starter and cannot find it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I got this new computer and i installed starmade and it worked fine. i had to move though and upon moving and redownloading starmade it wont update to the latest version. i keep getting this error:

FileNotFoundException: starmade-build_20131015_173925.zip (Access is denied)

To help to fix this error,

please send your /logs directory to [email protected]

I\'m not at all good at figuring out software issues within a computer so I\'m not exactly sure what this is saying.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have the latest drivers I \"THINK\" on my cpu, but idk... still won\'t open after I press OK. The server manager opens up though.

Reaction score
    If starmade doesn\'t even open past the launcher, it could be because of a 32 bit Java installation, some of you may have tried to allocate it more RAM to fix lag, but 32 bit java doesn\'t support more than 1 gb,

though 64 bit java goes up to 16GBs(I think).

Sometimes even if you have a 64 bit computer and 64bit java, it uses the 32 bit java anyway, which works fine except for when you try to increase the allocated ram.

a quick fix unlikely of damaging anything is to close anything made in Java(go to task manager and end anything called javaw) then run the cmd line as admin(search cmd, rightclick>run as admin) and type the following commands by order:

cd \"C:\\Program Files (x86)\"

rename \"Java\" \"Unused java\"

now relaunch and try again!

if it didn\'t work, prevent further problems by going back the cmd line and typing

rename \"Unused java\" \"Java\"