StarMade v0.199.651 - Fixes & Context Help

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Jul 28, 2017.

1. schema

schema Cat God

• Like Like x 8
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. FatCobra

3. Zekester81

As always, good stuff. Can't wait to see how the power update goes.

4. Lord_Greyscale

I don't know about you guys, but when I updated (an actual update over a pre-existing copy) all power blocks ceased to work.

I figure this was a "simple" block-config error that I was unable/unwilling to hunt down and correct for myself.

before you ask, no, I did not try a clean install. I had neither the time to do so yesterday, nor have I had the inclination to copy over all the imoprtant things yet again. (having just done a "clean" update the day before)

EDIT: hit the "post" button a bit early, sorry.

Behavior of possible bug: all three of the power system blocks (reactor, capacitor, auxilliary) ceased to function after a newly loaded ship's initial "charge up", placing of new blocks would not correct the error, nor would a system reboot. (repeat behavior to the initial charge)

pre-existing ships exhibited the same behavior.

5. schema

schema Cat God

Lord_GreyscaleLord_Greyscale we've been unable to replicate this. Can you contact Lancake to send your logs in. We'll do our best to fix this asap

6. Lord_Greyscale

Can do.

EDIT: Done, dropped a message on his profile poage with a link to a rar of the logs for that timeframe.
      In case he either doesn't see it, or doesn't get an alert, I'll copy the link here:
      Dropbox - logs.rar

#6 Lord_Greyscale, Jul 30, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    7. SgSkallagrim

Fixed for OSX, but broken for unix user me with a lousy outdated intel graphic cart :(
      'ShaderException' is back. Hello! long time no see! :)

data//shader/cube/quads13/shadowcube.vsh
      [SHADER] ERROR COMPILING VERTEX SHADER data//shader/cube/quads13/shadowcube.vsh STATUS: 0
      LOG: 0:3(12): warning: extension `GL_EXT_gpu_shader4' unsupported in vertex shader
      0:41(23): error: bit-wise operations are forbidden in GLSL 1.20 (GLSL 1.30 or GLSL ES 3.00 required)
      0:41(23): error: type mismatch
      0:41(17): error: cannot construct `float' from a non-numeric data type

8. NTIMESc

You should post in Game Support, or make a bug report and include some info on your system.

9. SgSkallagrim

I should, but I could not resurrect my last phap report and I am too lazy to fill it out again.

10. Lone_Puppy

I forgot the mention this earlier and don't know if it's a bug to log with the phabricator.

The Advanced Build mode, I use the build helpers a lot with the option to "restrict building to helper". But when I have the symmetry planes turned on there is no symmetry duplication happening. I don't know if this is by design and at times this would be awesome to use as a feature, but I could really use the symmetry planes to assist in building large scale.

Is there a tick box somewhere I'm missing? If not, could one be added somewhere to either allow Symmetry effect or not?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1