StarMade v0.199.214 Auxiliary Power, Better Graphics, Better Textures, and Bugfixes

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    The only downside is that we have to refit the ships but since the system is pretty easy to set up it shouldn´t be such a big deal.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Generate some energy for reactors
    Reactors generated energy for you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The death of docked reactors completely fraggles my mobile nomadic base concept. Couldn't we have capitol ship systems first?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The death of docked reactors completely fraggles my mobile nomadic base concept. Couldn't we have capitol ship systems first?
    Um... how, exactly?

Maxajax

Praise the Omnissiah and strike down his foes
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello players,

an update has just been uploaded. Get the full info here:

StarMade News - StarMade v0.199.214 - Auxiliary Power, Better Graphics, Better Textures, and Bugfixes

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema and the Schine Team
    I've played this game since before shields existed. I've been involved with docked power reactor design ever since Logic first made them possible. I understand the problems related to docked power reactors better than most people. This is why mine never had moving parts and always had one block of space between themselves and the closest entity (barring the docking point). I've refrained from building many ships that used them since 2014 because I expected that a suitable alternative would be implemented. It took two FULL years for this council of yours to realize that ships simply can't run on 1 million E/sec, so you changed it to 2 million. 2 million is still woefully insufficient. If you wanted more, there were two options. You could either stack giant chunks of power like a caveman, or you could use a docked reactor.

So ask yourself, why does someone use a docked reactor, instead of stacking chunks of power?

The answer is "Because it circumvents the 2m e/sec from power axis trees".

So then, why did you not simply make each individual group of power have it's own 1m e/sec limit? Instead we get to fill our ships with glorified warhead blocks?

The first Docked Reactors appeared in 2013. After three years of waiting for something better, you give us THIS? I can't blame you, Schema, because you're essentially designing this game alone from scratch, and I respect hard work and dedication. However, whoever came up with this miscarriage of an idea ought to be sidelined. This change should have been better than docked reactors. If better wasn't feasible, then it should at least have been equally good.

Who is to blame for this? The admins that did not restrict the number of generators on their server? The players that never learned not to have them clip through other blocks? The idiots that designed generators with moving parts? Give me someone other than you to blame for this mess, please.

Reactions: Blobfscrazy
    Reaction score
    Can someone explain the shipyard factory thing I don't get what they changed...?

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I've played this game since before shields existed. I've been involved with docked power reactor design ever since Logic first made them possible. I understand the problems related to docked power reactors better than most people. This is why mine never had moving parts and always had one block of space between themselves and the closest entity (barring the docking point). I've refrained from building many ships that used them since 2014 because I expected that a suitable alternative would be implemented. It took two FULL years for this council of yours to realize that ships simply can't run on 1 million E/sec, so you changed it to 2 million. 2 million is still woefully insufficient. If you wanted more, there were two options. You could either stack giant chunks of power like a caveman, or you could use a docked reactor.

So ask yourself, why does someone use a docked reactor, instead of stacking chunks of power?

So then, why did you not simply make each individual group of power have it's own 1m e/sec limit? Instead we get to fill our ships with glorified warhead blocks?

The first Docked Reactors appeared in 2013. After three years of waiting for something better, you give us THIS? I can't blame you, Schema, because you're essentially designing this game alone from scratch, and I respect hard work and dedication. However, whoever came up with this miscarriage of an idea ought to be sidelined. This change should have been better than docked reactors. If better wasn't feasible, then it should at least have been equally good.

Who is to blame for this? The admins that did not restrict the number of generators on their server? The players that never learned not to have them clip through other blocks? The idiots that designed generators with moving parts? Give me someone other than you to blame for this mess, please.

Reactions: Lecic

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3

I respect this opinion greatly, and I think this was a bad move.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    However, whoever came up with this miscarriage of an idea ought to be sidelined.
    The elected councilors pushed for a solution, it was a result of discussion between team members and the council.

Can someone explain the shipyard factory thing I don't get what they changed...?
    Shipyards can pull blocks from a factory while it creates a ship. They can have permission modules next to them so that anyone can use the shipyard (not possible before). This will allow public shipyards. Lastly you can create a design directly from the catalog list. Before you had to get the blueprint, then place it in the shipyard.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I respect this opinion greatly, and I think this was a bad move.
    I understand where he's coming from, but with new features like fleets, the need for giant ships with docked reactors has lessened. They were a cool way to get past a limitation, but they had there own issues.

This new system, which just came out and needs actual in game testing, might be a good answer to that problem and create new design decisions. Or it might not.

But crying about something you've lost, knowing that they've been looking for other solutions, doesn't help.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    They were a cool way to get past a limitation
    They were also never intentional. And until players en-mass started bringing the lag to our attention, we didn't mind. We need to able to actually fly the ships in our game without lag for this entire thing to be considered successful.

Reactions: Top 4ce

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ~ Shipyards can be linked to factories (pull on construction will pull from factories)
    ~ Shipyards can be linked to factories
    Not as in automatic shipyard item creation. As in, you don't need a transfer chest just to get stuff out of your factories and into your shipyard.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    They were also never intentional. And until players en-mass started bringing the lag to our attention, we didn't mind. We need to able to actually fly the ships in our game without lag for this entire thing to be considered successful.
    Sorry mate, and you think that having someones ship actually fucking explode is going to be less laggy

Maxajax

Praise the Omnissiah and strike down his foes
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am saying it as it is. Are you saying that your post is how you respond to criticism from a competent builder?
    [doublepost=1473460153,1473460100][/doublepost]
    No. I am not mad, I am disappointed. Disappointed in how long it took for an alternative to docked reactors to be introduced, and disappointed in the content.