StarMade v0.19519 Cargo & more

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    this update looked great and I was enjoying rebuilding my shipyard/station and adding in storage modules when the game just crashed giving me a nullpointer exeption error,i restarted from the launcher and it will load up to the game then go null pointer again,i sent a bug report in still waiting to hear back,i'm a newbe at this game and me and my son found it enjoyable to play together because the mechanics were fairly easy and didn't require a huge learning curve just to play like other games,but back to the nullexeption error any ideas as we cant play at all.
    just a response to this issue it was all fixed with the 19538 update after submitting to the devs in a bug file,great job everybody!on a side note the down time on this gave me a chance to do a little rp with building a ide faction of rebel miners taking over some of the corp holdings (it seems on start up of a new player I ended up in the same galaxy)great fun and can't wait for future upgrades,great job by the cat god and minions!

Reaction score
    Finally had a chance to try out some of the new features. I love the cargo changes.. I ran into an issue that I couldn't transfer through rotating rail blocks though. Was this intended or am I missing something? I was hoping to make a salvager ship with rotating arms that fed the cargo back into the main ship.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    For the time being just take advantage of the fact rail rotators first rotate a docked object than try to send it in the direction it is pointing for offloading cargo. And yes they turned off cargo transfer for some reason for Rotators and turret axis's. o_O

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Finally had a chance to try out some of the new features. I love the cargo changes.. I ran into an issue that I couldn't transfer through rotating rail blocks though. Was this intended or am I missing something? I was hoping to make a salvager ship with rotating arms that fed the cargo back into the main ship.
    For the time being just take advantage of the fact rail rotators first rotate a docked object than try to send it in the direction it is pointing for offloading cargo. And yes they turned off cargo transfer for some reason for Rotators and turret axis's. o_O
    Its not really turned off on rail rotators, you can't make the link between rail rotator and storage but you can turn the rotator into a normal rail make the link then change it back and it will still work.

Edit: Also thank you Devs for making the logic updates for storage trigger on tick as well.

Reaction score
    Its not really turned off on rail rotators, you can't make the link between rail rotator and storage but you can turn the rotator into a normal rail make the link then change it back and it will still work.

Edit: Also thank you Devs for making the logic updates for storage trigger on tick as well.
    WOW! Thank you! This worked perfectly!

Reaction score
    I love the new docking.
    My only issue is the cargo. I've gotten it all set up, but the storage and factories don't notice. the blocks turn purple, and see thru, like they are supposed to. Weirder still, when someone ELSE looks into the storage/factory they see the proper numbers. but if I use it, its back to 100 and saying its over capacity. yet the cargo blocks properly display the VISUAL depiction. ie they show half formed/filled blocks. I thought it might be a mac issue, because no amount of replacing or relogging in changed it.