StarMade v0.159 Fixes & Mail System

Reaction score
    Haven't played this game in a while. Does it work with Windows 8? It crashes every time I play it and I believe my drivers are all up-to-date. Yes, I do have an Intel core. I mean, I will be playing anyway but I need to know if it actually works so I can try and fix the problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, it works just fine on Windows 8. I play on (64-bit) 8.1 (pro), myself, with a GTX 460.

I have noticed that StarMade seems to have problems or break if run with 32-bit java (which for me has seemed to be any time 32-bit java was installed), for some reason.

Normally I only keep 64-bit Java installed so that wouldn't be a problem, but the java auto-updater kept reinstalling the 32-bit java every time it found an update (I ended up disabling the auto-updater and manually installing new versions of the 64-bit java myself).

Reaction score
    Thank you, great sir. I will speak of you in the stories I tell to my children, and your name shall live on for a thousand generations, passed down my bloodline in tales of your great generosity and technical wondrousness. You deserve a billion cookies.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    IMO, the Mail system should require interacting with a block... It would just bee cool to have something to do in your ship interior, say, in a ready room or a console on a station.
    I would suggest a hybrid system. where players can access and read mail anywhere but in or order to send mail or have more mail related abilities they would have to access a block

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would suggest a hybrid system. where players can access and read mail anywhere but in or order to send mail or have more mail related abilities they would have to access a block
    Yeah, that sounds good, actually; I've seen similar systems in other games, and it works pretty well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Addition of a mail system immediately made me think of this:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Yeah, that sounds good, actually; I've seen similar systems in other games, and it works pretty well.
    cool

If Minecraft has taught me anything is that Necessity is the father of invention. by giving players a little tedium at first will enable them to unlock their creativity as well as have fun.

Im also for a similar system for chat and advanced build mode features. chat should be limited to local sectors or at least have a range a 2 sectors away. and give the ability to a transmitter further to a block so it forces players to build comm buoys. to stop players from using 3rd party programs like vent or team speak to go around this the transmitter block should also be tied to sensors/map making so all players have to make them.

when shipyards get implemented the new build options like undo/redo and copy/paste should be exclusive to them. to prevent players from just treating shipyards like a big factory and make building stations more necessary.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If people want to use third-party programs, nobody's stopping them... But yeah, I agree.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    (Crying)... Pistol bullets are white again, now they are boring, dull and plain. And I just got used to the lovely, glowing, special purple.... :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    ...I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see a fully functional AI crew and a fully functional AI aliens on planets. ...
    I want that to be fully configurable in the server config, because:
    A) people who don't really like scary aliens (so, me and others) will still play the game and
    B) there could be servers completely focussed on just the aliens and there could be servers completely and the 'human' side, or they could just have both on.
    I would like some cute and cuddly creatures though, so making it possible to choose to keep the passive and neutral mobs while disabling the hostile mobs would be great.

On a side note: Why doesn't the trading guild spawn the fleet after they say: dispatched fleet? I once shot three shops, waited for five minutes and they still were nowhere to be found. Help would be appreciated. (And yes, I did have the option spawn enemy enabled, I even had difficulty on hard.)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    ugh shields are now regenerating instantly :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Are they REALLY regenerating Instantly? Or does the Display just say that?
    Seems to be a bug with Shield Hit Graphics and the Display % (The hit graphic is always there and Blue, and the Shields say 100% when targeted, but the ship does lose shields).
    This also persists after Depleted, so it still says 100% and does the Shield hit graphics as blocks starts to disappear... Minor Bug.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, the display seems to be off. I was blasting away at pirates today and only once did I see shields displayed as anything besides 100%. It's in the bug tracker right now, as #593

Reaction score
    Could anyone tell me please, how to change the difficulty on a hamachi server :(

Reaction score
    Pirates stopped spawning after this patch, I saw few ai trading ships, but no pirates.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Don't pretend you are a forum mod.
    Doesn't matter whether I'm a forum mod or not. If anything, I'm trying to help you be a better and less immature-looking forum user. The fact I'm not a moderator doesn't mean I can't do that.

...Regardless, I remember seeing a spawned pirate a little while ago roving around a few thousand kilometers from my base; it's possible that random pirate spawns have simply decreased drastically rather than terminated altogether.

Last edited: