Starmade Trailer Ship Submissions

Reaction score
    • Tester
    My opinion would be to simply choose those builds that fit the cinematics of the trailer and not hassle with voting on 300+ things!
    After all what would a big movie looks like if everyone would vote on the main actors or the story ??

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well that should be good for me. My Condor has plex door landing gear!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    My opinion would be to simply choose those builds that fit the cinematics of the trailer and not hassle with voting on 300+ things!
    After all what would a big movie looks like if everyone would vote on the main actors or the story ??
    many of us made our ships to this, to see our ships in this video/videos, and you want to just throw some away and not let the players decide wich ships will enter and wich don't? it dosn't sound right to me.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    many of us made our wships to this, to see our ships in this video/videos, and you want to just throw some away and not let the players decide wich ships will enter and wich don't? it dosn't sound right to me.
    And on top of that, the trailer should be showing off the vast creative ideas the players have, not just one theme. :/

Reaction score
    • Tester
    @Antezscar and @Zeno9141 .. i was only commenting on the practicality of a vote on 300+ entries (of which one is mine!) and i think variety can be shown more easily by choosing the apropiate builds that fit the flow of the trailer!

But to be honest .. i have no idea what is required for the trailer .. i do not make creativ stuff and videos like that :P

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Depending on how the vote goes, it might not be so difficult, I am sure that it will not be only our votes that influence @Bench 's mighty brainmeats. It seems like they have a good system in place for what the journey will look like, and will use the votes to influnece the given ships for a certain cinematic segment or even background passby

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    do you have a server that can handle all the creations (I didn't read most of the posts), are you battling if you are it is a bit glitchey and are you going to get rid of all the objects that aren't important that causes performance drop. Anyone body can build ships and it will still be art in a way, something can look terrible and be art.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Bench said that he'd separate the entries based on the class of the ships. So fighter, frigate, cruiser, destroyer, battleship, dreadnought, carrier, titan, super titans (only four ships in that category, including mine :p). His classification doesn't perfectly follow this, but you get the idea.

Voting really won't be that hard, since it won't be 300 ships in a single category.

Reaction score
    Bench said that he'd separate the entries based on the class of the ships. So fighter, frigate, cruiser, destroyer, battleship, dreadnought, carrier, titan, super titans (only four ships in that category, including mine :p). His classification doesn't perfectly follow this, but you get the idea.

Voting really won't be that hard, since it won't be 300 ships in a single category.
    super titans have that four?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3

From what I've garnered there will also be a few ships (or even sets of ships) that bench will pick himself for certain segments (along with the voted ships of course) which should bring down the number of ships that can be voted for.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Hey how are those bajillion ships coming Bench? haha =P

Reactions: CoolDog3

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Wasn't there a deadline for this, like, a week ago?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    uhh... i was on holiday for 3 weeks... ok im too late, as always ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It's never too late to start building a fleet! (keeps hammering away at projects for the next trailer)

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's never too late to start building a fleet! (keeps hammering away at projects for the next trailer)
    I'll be wedging my Death Star as soon as I finish the Swarm systems.

It's at 180k mass already, and it's only 160m in diameter lol